Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've realized that I need to start my actual engine bay. So lets see them! Need inspiration.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Here was the last version of mine before it went back to stock. Smoothed, polished, and candied valve cover with Tech Flex covering the hoses and custom built aluminium cover for the coil packs.

I'm currently gathering parts to redo it.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Old dirty picture.
Looks nice when all cleaned up tho. Want to do some gold eventually if I ever get time to finish my other 10 half finished projects

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm trying to comeup with things to do that are fairly inexpensive, but still look nice. I will light it, but I want to have something to light. The only thing I have done in the bay is get rid of that intake pipe. I have a set of purple washer/bolts to put in somewhere I got from hot import nights. That's about it. A cf engine cover would be pretty nice. I am probably going to do purple wire loom. And I want to replace my purple amp power wire from blue to purple. Sensing a theme here? I don't really have a ton of money to throw at it, so I'm trying to do what I can and get the most impact. Everyone loves the wrap. Loves the lighting. Now I need to start this next step

·
Registered
457 Posts
If you want to do lighting and go with a purple theme then you can paint a few pieces white and light them with UV leds. That's actually why my heat shield is white, it was lit with UV leds mounted in the hood. I would look into Teck Flex over the wire loom, it's harder to put on but looks a lot nicer when done.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How hard is it to remove and paint the heat shield?

·
Registered
979 Posts
How hard is it to remove and paint the heat shield?
Search through the forum for Phobic's xB. His theme was white and orange. He had jack-o-lanterns custom painted on the heat shield. It looked awesome! You wouln't necessarily have to have a custom airbrush job, but you could probably find something creative and original to do.

Maybe a one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people-eater...if you're old enough to know the song lol.

Painted engine covers can look very nice too.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Him. I may have to investigate this further. Just need something small and easy to give me a reason to leave the hood up. Also thought about doing something with that first cover over the upper grille. And something on the bottom of the actual hood. Nut sure what, but something

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am planning on getting the trd brace. Then of course, purple that sucker. Then maybe the trd in white on top for the effect. I like that cover. Much better than our boring one. Knukonceptz has purple 1/0g wire which I might do for my big 3 and my power wire. The blue is just. Yea.

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does taking the heat cover off affect anything?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hm. I kinda like them showing. Idk. Well have to see

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I definitely want to add the trd cai. Almost bought one a few mints Go and I'm kicking myself for not taking the deal

·
Registered
314 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.