Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put my heat sheild that I painted back on my car it's the cover over the headers. I used high temp paint too. I noticed a smell when I was driving so I pulled over and noticed a small amount of smoke coming from the hood. It seems to be coming from under the cover. Did I tighten it back on too tight? Is this normal?( I'm thinking not) let me know what you guys think.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
It may be the paint "baking on" the cover. It should have a distinct paint smell, if that. If installed before it was really dry (just surface dry), the paint could certainly smoke. There are several types of high-temp paints that apply and react differently until good, hard, and fully dry.

Be sure to look to see the source of the smoke.
Other things under there could smoke to . . .

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure it's the paint burning it is smoking anymore just smells like play doe now. Does the smell just naturally go away?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Mine did . . .
(I once did the same thing on my Miata, before I installed Racing Beat headers on it.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.