Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Now see thats the color blue I would love to have the xB in. If they make it in that color for next years RS I am gonna be so freakin pissed. Although I couldn't wait for next year anyways.

Very nice job on the painting.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Finally got around to doing some of the touch-ups on my engine cover. Here's the first pic I took of it

This is a better picture, and this is after my Engine Torque Damper install!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
You know its a shame you didn't have that done at the show. You mighta got first instead of that other guy, oh wait that was ME!!!!!!! :rofl:

By the way how is the damper?? Do you feel it was worth the money??

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'll let you know in a day. I've got some pluses and minuses on it, but I'm gonna write an install tutorial. I'll put all my comments on there. It's a real easy install, but I figure the more tutorials we have on the site, the bettter.

·
Registered
317 Posts
wow that red looks really good!

i might consider painting mine red once i get some red trd parts in my xB

·
Registered
88 Posts

i just painted mine in hammered copper. i am not all too happy with the way it came out but thats ok. and i found that the cover was cracked from the factory though.

·
Registered
317 Posts
hey Ross, how'd you keep the white lettering, did you mask it off or paint it on afterwords?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I painted it on afterwords. Couldn't find any paint-on high temp paint, so I just sprayed some white engine paint into a cup and used a foam brush to put it on.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
What paint did ya'll use?

"Engine Paint?"

"Krylon Fusion?"

Generic Paint?

I am planning to paint mine in one of several ways:
Scottish Flag
Pirate Flag
Tartan (not sure HOW to mask to make the complex pattern)

G

·
0 Posts
Do the flag and show some love!

I should paint mine the Japanese flag that would be easy and sick.

I also thought about getting a guy to paint some kanji on my gas cover cap and liftback handle. Like a yellow basecoast with red lettering then paint the doorhandles the same color to match...

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
One idea . . .
Scottish flag with the Japanese sun in the center (at the cross of the white).
To look right, it would NEED to have a white border around the red disk.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts