Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2012 xb has had this problem since i bought it used in July. The dealer says there's nothing wrong with it. Here's my problem:
The engine revs up when you put the clutch in IF you let off the gas at the same time. It increases about 200-300 rpms. The only way to avoid it is to let off the throttle a good second before pushing in the clutch, which is obviously no good. Anyone heard of this?
Also, is there any way to increase the spring tension on the accelerator? I can barely feel it under my shoe and so it's very hard to know how much i'm pressing it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
What pops in my head is welcome to modernday car electronics. Cable controls are all but buttons n switches n servos. I believe all thats manual is climate controls and the E brake.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I think also that the extra rev's are part of the epa circuits that wont let the engine slow down too fast which can cause extra polutants. Mine does it also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I guess I feel a little better knowing it's designed like that, although it seems that could be adjusted somehow through the computer. I've already adjusted the clutch pedal position so it would feel less like driving a bread truck. Now I need to re-engineer the throttle!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.