Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to check if anyone here is experiencing Excessive Oil Loss on 2009 Scion XB after you do your regular 3k to 5k Oil Change? I've been experiencing an Issue with my Oil level after an Oil change on my vehicle. every time I check my oil level on my car after 2k to 2.5k driving, my oil level will be really low or almost no oil at all. I don't have any oil leak on my car but every time I do my regular oil change this is always happening. let me know if you're having this issue also. Thanks.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just found out from Guy from Toyota Parts Department that this is an ongoing issue with Scion XB. he told me that Toyota Knows the problem but they never send any notice to owners in regards to this problem. When I talk to Toyota Service Advisor, told me that I can set up an Appt. for an oil consumption test which I did. Toyota add 1 quart to my engine and said if after driving car for 1200k and Oil level fall below dipstick, they said they will fix the issue. when Toyota check my Oil 1 quart was gone already, I've been adding 2 to 3 quarts of oil every oil change done on my car. I've been telling Toyota to check it between 2k to 3k miles to really find out the problem on the car. Looks like Toyota already know this issue but they don't want to fix this.

· Registered
35 Posts
There is a lot written on this subject here, I was using almost 4 qts. between oil changes and finally scion sent out an enhanced warranty to owners and I have gotten mine fixed for FREE. Just get the test done and if you use enough oil to fail the test then you can get the fix.

· Registered
1,033 Posts
just found out from Guy from Toyota Parts Department that this is an ongoing issue with Scion XB. he told me that Toyota Knows the problem but they never send any notice to owners in regards to this problem. ......... Looks like Toyota already know this issue but they don't want to fix this.
Not true. I and others on this forum have received Warranty Enhancement letters from Toyota. See this thread:
http://www.newscionxb.com/123-2nd-g...w-toyotas-tsb-release-oil-consumption-15.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.