Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running through the idea of using a Flowmaster 60 Series on my xB and I was wondering if anyone else has tried this. Its going to take a little work to bend the new pipes into the right position, but seems like it will be well worth it. Im just looking through a few different muffler ideas.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am waiting for a call back on doing an axle back with a flowmaster 10 series. I am looking to do something a little different than the rest of the people out there. Hey isnt that what these cars are about

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the 10 series is on order, hopefully the exhaust will be done within the next two weeks. I will have pictures and some sound clips once its all done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Eric said:
Unfortunately, my wife doesn't want the added sound when I pull into the garage since it's near our son's room. IMO, it wasn't louder than stock unless you really got on it. She was probably hearing the intake ;)
Funny how women differ so greatly with men with regard to this kind of thing, My wife could give a rat's a$$ about the audio component of our home theater setup, and she definitely hates the added rumble from any "sport" exhaust, so I'm stuck with the OEM exhaust unless there are after market cat-backs that improve performance without changing the exhaust note... I've heard the TRD axle-back exhaust on YouTube, and even something subtle as that would never fly. I can already hear her: "It's sounds so ricey."

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im glad i dont have to worry about people complaining, i only live with my brother and he has a dakota with a 4.7l and open pipes so he is a lot louder than my xB could ever be. I definately need to get the res out of the middle though, i just dont have the money right now. I will have sound clips soon of whats been done so far, and then after the rest of it is complete. I have to do it in sections so I can put it back to factory for inspections, they are tough on exhaust around here

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Guys NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have just did a big switch from a 2006 Srt Charger to a scion XB just what is a good Exhaust that DOES NOT SOUND LIKE YOUR FARTING or your in a tin can

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ted mostly just stay away from anything cheap. im very happy with the tone from the flowmaster i put on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So what suggestions does anyone have for exhaust? I love the look of the Borla duel but that's just for the look. What'll be best for performance? Also I live in Colorado, we don't have emissions testing here.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no emissions testing, then i say cut it all off and replace with a header and the straightest runs of 2.5" pipe you can get under there. It will be extremely loud though.

G

·
0 Posts
I think sound varies from person to person brah but I like the trd exahust with headers. Did you check youtube for video clips so you could kinda get an idea on sound?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeh, I really liked the Borla. It seemed to howl like some crazed demon lol. I just don't want to loose all my back pressure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts