Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you want a deeper tone to your exhaust you need to replace your stock intake, header (check out the Strup header), and exhaust system. The header makes the biggest difference but you have to remove one of the catalytic converters (we have two in the XB). This means if you live in CA you out of luck brah it won't pass inspection. The other thing is with one cat missing you will get a check engine light. But hey your ride won't sound farty! :confused:

Gurgle gurgle.

·
Registered
129 Posts
XBminger said:
If you want a deeper tone to your exhaust you need to replace your stock intake, header (check out the Strup header), and exhaust system. The header makes the biggest difference but you have to remove one of the catalytic converters (we have two in the XB). This means if you live in CA you out of luck brah it won't pass inspection. The other thing is with one cat missing you will get a check engine light. But hey your ride won't sound farty! :confused:

Gurgle gurgle.
you could always tip some one at a auto parts store that has a obd 2 scanner to delete the check engine light

G

·
Oh really sweet! Taking out one of my CC wonts cause any issues with gas or my car or anything right? And will it void my warnity?

And will someone help this guy out with his question?!

Civtech did you try youtube you can hear the different types of sounds on there I know there are a couple with different cat backs on there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Im pretty happy with the way my exhaust turned out its one of those $180 stainless ebay specials. I am gonna have a pipe made to replace the muffler soon, I had to let the dust settle with the cops after the last exhaust system

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im pretty happy with the way my exhaust turned out its one of those $180 stainless ebay specials. I am gonna have a pipe made to replace the muffler soon, I had to let the dust settle with the cops after the last exhaust system
will the ebay systems pass emission tests? How does it sound? Dying to know because I need to repair or replace my exhaust system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
eBay exhaust sounds very nice and will pass.. Only problem is after a couple months its going to rust out and after a year it will break at one of the shotty welding points... Trust me, I had one... Dont be cheap, get a quality exhaust. I just put on the Borla dual exhaust and it think its great....

·
Registered
783 Posts
I've got TRD Cold air intake, Strup headers, and strup cat back exhaust, soon to have Weapon-r s-pipe on. I love the way it sounds.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I want the strup exhaust so bad. I was thinking about headers too, but idk right now, just got married and we need couches lol. not to be a sales man but my friend at No Limitz Ind. has what I need. check him out if you are in the market for an exhaust. Jeremy is his name. He is cool as ice too!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.