Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm in the market for an exhaust for my 2009 Scion XB. I'm not to worried about performance... like my intentions isn't to make my scion a race car... I just want it to sound sporty.... The couple of HP is just a bonus! Okay so I'm thinking about buying the Greddy SE exhaust... http://www.fastscions.com/scion-xd-greddy-se-exhaust-system-1.aspx / What do you guys think? Anyone have this installed? I can get the STRUP for the same price.... suggestions?
All comments help.. lol
Thanks

· Registered
94 Posts
Just put a Magnaflow Cat back on my 09xB...looks good and the sound is just a little deeper hardly noticed inside while driving. Can't really say how it sounds from behind as I'd need to have someone drive it while I wa standing behind or riding in a car along side. Supposed to help performance and mpg but not really sure yet. Need a CAI for sure... won't go to headers as long as it is under warranty.

· Registered
94 Posts
I researched and wanted an exhaust that was more about performance than looks to start with especially since it is only a CAT back--most bang for the buck. Magnaflow tends to be the product of choice when it comes to performance and sound with builders like Chip Foose etc. This has a single stainless tip just a little larger and more round thanthe OEM tip. I like the looks of the dual center on the new release but I plan on putting a hitch on to tow my Harley. The Borla is also nice looking but as small as this engine is and with out changing the exhaust with headers all the way thru, duals (IMO) won't increase stock performance or mpg, they'll only equal, at best the stock numbers.

I got my exhaust for $393 after a $131 discount and free s/h from Allexhaust.com--they drop ship from Magnaflow. Well packaged in form fitted foam, complete with instructions and warranty card. I completed my warranty with Magnaflow on line rather than fill out the card and mail in. I had mine installed by Wicked Customs (an authorized Magnaflow dealer) here in Naples FL and good thing I did as the muffler clamp was a hair too big and did not tighten enough (per installer) and they have a stainless steel welder which finished the job. Total installation charge $80 (no tax in FL on labor if customer supplies parts). Wicked also sells a few other brand exhausts but he added Magnaflow is his best recommendation--he used to have a Gen 1 xB but is all about big block Mopar's and trucks now.

· Registered
170 Posts
chief52 any trouble with the hanger on the car and hook on the muffler?! mine taps the spring, i had to put a smaller and thinner (hole) hanger so it wouldnt fall out! i used the clamp in the box and it seems fine. any idea on fixing????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.