Scion XB Forum banner

Filter change

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Brewski 
Yesterday,I took the xB to the dealer for a free scheduled oil change. Along with it, they filled a check list containing all the things that were looked at. There are three columns. Green for O.K.,yellow for maybe,red for needs attention. The only thing checked red was the cabin air filter. How does the dealer check this filter?The manual says that the filter needs to be replaced ~30k miles.My '09 xB has 7400 miles on it. Maybe they are just trying to make extra $ you think?
It is an easy thing to check and replace if necessary...do not let the dealer do it :boxing: I have seen on this forum someone charged as much as $80.00. Big rip-off! The filter sells for about $12 if you don't want to make one from filter material available at your home improvement store.

Note: If you park or drive in an area where there are a lot of trees that drop leaves they may get into the filter...or you are doing a lot of off-road driving. The filter only comes into play when you are cirulating outside air into the cabin...otherwise it is no big deal.

Brewski

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.