Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, what a major pain in the behind. Bought a set of Hellas off ebay, from a link on the home page here, where the seller claims they are for 2008 xB. Har har har. They ended up being a generic install. Only took me about, 10-12 hours over 3 different days. The lights went in pretty easy, I got the front end apart using TRDSPARKS instructions, which are spot on for taking the front end apart, BTW. The wiring was a different story. Ended up poking through the firewall just above the gas pedal. There was an indent that begged for poking :) Tapped off the parking light for power to the switch, and an empty bay inside the engine compartment fuse box for power to the lights. I'll post a pic later of them on at night, for now here's the lights and the switch.

Switch didn't come out so hot, but until I get something better it'll do.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did learn one thing.. this car is mucho easy to take apart.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Dude this car is so freakin easy to work on. I have already taken a bunch of things apart with hardly any tools at all.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
scion said:
I thought that the factory wiring was taped behind the front bumper? Did you see yours or wasn't it there?
Yep. it's there, on both sides. Didn't use it, these were not genuine Scion parts and therefore were not compatible with Scion's wiring. Got them from "blinglights" on eBay. Optilux 1002 by Hella.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts