Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my stingray metallic 2010 Xb 3 weeks ago and it finally arrived. With all the snow here in NYC I thought this day would never come. Now I hope the dealer does not keep me there and try to sell me a bunch of stuff I do not need as I really do want to try upgrading my XB as i go along. Man does this site rock for modding and tips for this car. Already spent $300. in upgrades from web purchases. Now i can also order the little sub that fits in the back corner today when I get back with the car.. going through some cash real fast , lol.
Love this forum....thanks everyone.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yes there are lots of things that can be picked up online for so much cheaper than the dealer. Floor mats are an example - $150 at the dealership but you can find them for under $100 on eBay.

Congatulations and let the modding begin!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Congrats on the new xB. You are going to love the color.

·
Registered
110 Posts
imfletchy said:
I ordered my stingray metallic 2010 Xb 3 weeks ago and it finally arrived. With all the snow here in NYC I thought this day would never come. Now I hope the dealer does not keep me there and try to sell me a bunch of stuff I do not need as I really do want to try upgrading my XB as i go along. Man does this site rock for modding and tips for this car. Already spent $300. in upgrades from web purchases. Now i can also order the little sub that fits in the back corner today when I get back with the car.. going through some cash real fast , lol.
Love this forum....thanks everyone.
I fell in love with stingray metallic too! That color goes well with carbon fiber, if you go that route. Have fun spending money on upgrades!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I got it and all went well. The dealer was great and no hard sales tactic, recommend Penn Toyota highly. Had to drag my *** out of it, having way to much fun driving around town. Only stalled on the manual tranny twice, and had to give the lady behind me the finger after she started cursing me out and would not stop beeping her horn. Just another day in NYC, but what fun.
Wow , this car is fast, have to watch my speed till I get used to it. Thanks to everyone here for making this purchase much easier for me.

·
Registered
474 Posts
imfletchy said:
I there any info here about the accelerator delay or a way to tweek it?
:confused: What accelerator delay? Could it be that folks are just to quick off the clutch? Been driving stick shifts for years and find the xB no different than any other that I have driven...give it the gas and let off the clutch...no hesitation!

Brewski

·
Registered
781 Posts
You must have a differently designed xB2 from mine. Traditional throttle/clutch action is to simultaneously release the accelerator and depress the clutch, change gear, and then reverse the pedal action. During that process, the engine need never exceed the pre-shift RPM. However, my xB2 requires a distinct pause between releasing the accelerator and depressing the clutch -- otherwise, the engine RPM jumps up and briefly holds when the clutch is disengaged. Fortunately, the gear shift and reverse pedal action are normal/traditional.

The reason for delaying the clutch action is it allows the engine to get past the "roar" before being disengaged. I suspect the source of that behavior is Toyota's emissions control, it can be very annoying.

·
Registered
474 Posts
TrevorS said:
You must have a differently designed xB2 from mine. Traditional throttle/clutch action is to simultaneously release the accelerator and depress the clutch, change gear, and then reverse the pedal action. During that process, the engine need never exceed the pre-shift RPM. However, my xB2 requires a distinct pause between releasing the accelerator and depressing the clutch -- otherwise, the engine RPM jumps up and briefly holds when the clutch is disengaged. Fortunately, the gear shift and reverse pedal action are normal/traditional.

The reason for delaying the clutch action is it allows the engine to get past the "roar" before being disengaged. I suspect the source of that behavior is Toyota's emissions control, it can be very annoying.
You're thinking about it too much...just drive the damn thing and quite thinking about it...and all will be o.k.! (Other than that maybe you need to trade it in on an automatic...and perhaps you will not find it "very annoying".) :rofl:

Brewski

·
Registered
781 Posts
Brewski said:
You're thinking about it too much...just drive the damn thing and quite thinking about it...and all will be o.k.! (Other than that maybe you need to trade it in on an automatic...and perhaps you will not find it "very annoying".) :rofl:

Brewski
Not a question of thinking about it, my ears tell me loud and clear :(! The "roar" is real!

I still drive my Eclipse with traditional shift behavior, and it's a wrenching difference every time I switch to the xB! If you don't notice the "roar" that's fine, but moving back and forth between xB and traditional shift behavior really highlights that unfortunate characteristic :(.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.