Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
528 Posts
Heck yeah, bro! Definitely looks pretty alright for your first time! I remember my first time fiberglassing... It was awful, but that could be talked about in a seperate thread. :D

Anyway, did you check out www.fiberglassforums.com? It's a GREAT resource for fiberglass fabrication. Lots of great tidbits of knowledge!

Looks great wrapped up with the suede! ;) I'm a little jealous! :mad:

· Registered
2,209 Posts
Looks good man. Now you gotta try and do one where you don't wrap it in suede, or at least wrap it in camo. I definatly love the shape. Hopefully mine will be done one day so I can show them off. There have just been "glitches" in the progress of my boxes.

I am not a suede person, its been overdone. Plus my buddy/sponsor won't wrap any fiberglass because he feels to many people use it to hide perfections in their work.

Now please don't take that as a stab at you. He is reffering to professional businesses charging hundreds of dollars for shoddy fiberglass work, and no one knows because they cover it.

· Registered
528 Posts
eviljack said:
Looks good man. Now you gotta try and do one where you don't wrap it in suede, or at least wrap it in camo. I definatly love the shape. Hopefully mine will be done one day so I can show them off. There have just been "glitches" in the progress of my boxes.

I am not a suede person, its been overdone. Plus my buddy/sponsor won't wrap any fiberglass because he feels to many people use it to hide perfections in their work.

Now please don't take that as a stab at you. He is reffering to professional businesses charging hundreds of dollars for shoddy fiberglass work, and no one knows because they cover it.
^^I personally know where you're coming from! When I worked at a custom shop, we would ONLY paint fiberglass parts we fabricated. No carpet or any type of wrapping.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Cool shape. Looks good. What do your girls think?

· Registered
339 Posts
Nice work as usual! What, no camo?

· Registered
528 Posts
Quick question, I'm sure you've already answered it, but I'll ask again!!!

What did you use to omit the factory 'cubby' in the rear C-pillar? I assume maybe a thin piece of plywood maybe glued, but you may have a trick. Maybe even some expanding foam, then cut and sculpted...

· Registered
240 Posts
Great job! I want to try fiberglassing some day. :yes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.