Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Sorry, I have the optional Scion floor mats, but I did look into those so I could reply... It looks like they'd be about $65 shipped here. TRDSparks.com and NewScionParts.com have the Scion branded ones for $80 and $85 respectively. I don't know what their shipping charges will be for that, but I'd pay the extra money for the flashy Scion badge ;)

Otherwise, I don't see anything wrong w/ the ones in the auction. They're probably the standard floor mats like you'd get at PepBoys or Autozone. Hopefully they'll fit better though :p

I did a search on eBay and found these:
click here

Additionally, I don't think the ones you found have the rubber section on the driver's side. That will wear down quickly. It didn't take long for Scion to recall the ones on the '05 tC because of that. All new ones offered by Scion have that rubber reinforced section.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link Eric..

I was contemplating trdsparks.. may end up there if ebay doesn't work out.

The ones I asked about.. they do have a plastic piace they can add to the driver side foot area for 5 extra bucks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I didn't really want to spend the extra money for floor mats but due to a shipping error my xB2 came with them in there for free (my dealer didn't have a BSP xB2 5-speed in stock and had to order it from another dealer who had forgot to charge mine for the floor mats :D ). The real nice thing about the xB2 floor mats though, are that there are grips in our floor panel that will hook on to them and keep them from moving if you were to slide your feet. Perfect positioning. The necessary holes will only be found in the Toyota floor mats. Also, the perfect fit is a plus. The rear two floor mats are nothing special.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Ross said:
I didn't really want to spend the extra money for floor mats but due to a shipping error my xB2 came with them in there for free (my dealer didn't have a BSP xB2 5-speed in stock and had to order it from another dealer who had forgot to charge mine for the floor mats :D ). The real nice thing about the xB2 floor mats though, are that there are grips in our floor panel that will hook on to them and keep them from moving if you were to slide your feet. Perfect positioning. The necessary holes will only be found in the Toyota floor mats. Also, the perfect fit is a plus. The rear two floor mats are nothing special.

I noticed that last nite, when I picked up my xB. I've never had mats that were tied down. I hope they are easy to get out (and back in). I'm leaving in my carpet remnants til spring as I don't wanna get my mats dirty! lol!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Do they stay in place with hooks or buttons? My Jetta had floor mats that were held in place by buttons in the front and rear. You had to be careful removing them or you would mess up the buttons.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I can get you the Weapon R, set of 4, floormats at about 50 bucks. They have the black/grey checkered look or the Blue ones with the metal plate where your heel hit.. hence heel pad.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Shancopp said:
Without getting a better look, I don't think they were buttons. When DH gets home, I'll look again.
I'm curious about this, too. I have the factory mats, and I see the holes in the mats and the floor, but nothing is hooking them together. The driver's side mat slips around a lot.

·
Registered
172 Posts
There should be hooks that came with your car in the glove box or somewhere around there... you just plug them into the holes and then hook them into the mats.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Shancopp said:
I noticed that last nite, when I picked up my xB. I've never had mats that were tied down. I hope they are easy to get out (and back in). I'm leaving in my carpet remnants til spring as I don't wanna get my mats dirty! lol!
I bought some plastic mats to go over mine so I dont ruin the mats. I hear ya on that one.

·
Registered
635 Posts
eviljack said:
Do they stay in place with hooks or buttons? My Jetta had floor mats that were held in place by buttons in the front and rear. You had to be careful removing them or you would mess up the buttons.
There should be 2 hooks on the drivers side floor that match the holes in the driver side mat. they just kinda slide/snap right on and stay put VERY well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts