Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meet Joe

Name: Joe Dono

The owners of a shop in Florida called JapWorks agreed to do some work on a 2004 Toyota Celica that totaled $16,000 by the time they were done. The car belongs to a 21yr old named Joe Dono, who is refusing to pay. The shop owners paid for much of the project out of their own pocket and are now at risk of losing their shop due to this bad investment. The Celica has been removed from the property after receiving threats from Mr. Dono... Cops have been called & they sided w/ the shop owners. Mr. Dono's mother & girlfriend have been sent to retrieve the car w/ no luck. Now Mr. Dono is claiming that he will have his car back by Friday - "mark his words" :rolleyes:

More info here: http://joedono.info/

· Registered
348 Posts
Unbelievable, he deserves $16K worth of a** woopin'.  He'll probably be in and out of prison for most of his life. His parents did a wonderful job to teaching their son good moral values.

G

·
Eh what kinda name is JapWorks? you dont see caddy repair shops calling them N****rWorks. Serves the shop right for having such a stupid racist name. :ranting:

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
SHEEZE!

The kid did a dumb, dumb thing. His parents are being stupid in trying to get the car without covering the bill. AND it might cost the shop its existence!

BUT, some of the reactions are just a bit extreme.

The shop should get the car unless it can get paid or work out something with his parents. It can then sell it to recoup its loss.

The kid . . . I won't post what I really think.
BUT his PARENTS should "rip him a new one" . . . that is THEIR rights as his parents.

· Registered
101 Posts
I didn't read the thread, but maybe doing business like this is why they we're going down anyway. Why would you put $16,000 into some random dudes car without a down payment, signed contract or payment in full?

Sorry, but sounds like with their "business sense" they were on the way out anyways.

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They admit that... but a lot of car shops operate that way - if you can't pay the bill, they keep your car. This situation is complicated due to the fact that the car was financed by the guy's mom, who had no idea this was going on. The car went in for a paint job for which they were partially paid. Then excuse after excuse and they were in the hole. It sounds like the guy paid for some parts, but the bulk of the cost is labor.

· Registered
477 Posts
This could easily be turned around and some ripoff car joint could add stuff that the customer didn't want and then demand payment. I am not defending this kids actions, he is wrong, however any shop that doesn't have the customer sign an agreement for the work that is to be performed gets what is coming to them.

The shop was too eager and I think that this kid knew it. My grandfather is old school.....Please!

I am surprise the shop didn't blame it on DHL. lol.

· Registered
101 Posts
So the boyfriend had to work last night so I read thru all 160 pages of the epic thread. :eek: :x This kid seems to really have made it around the block with his scams! I really think he has some kind of psychological issues...

Anywho...I think this has to be may favorite scam of all!!

Joe Dono tries to buy $40K 350Z with STOLEN Credit cards!

The fun starts here with post #70 -http://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlantic/282218-sold-time-drink-hard-tonight-4.html

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
So . . .
He really IS a scam artist . . .

(I'm assuming that it is all backed up with proof, right?)

· Registered
101 Posts
Yup, everything from laptops to 350Z's.

Apparently the Celica is/was owned by the mother. She actually had to have HER mother co-sign. They are supposedly behind on their payments a few months so more than likely the was going to get repo'd very soon. Dono told his mother that the car was going in for a simple paint job. He had put down about $1200. He told his mother that his "sponsors" were going to pay for the labor, so she was in the dark.

Dono did NOT get the car back on Friday. The shop has placed a mechanics lien on the car and put it in an undisclosed location, so dude won't see his car for at least 60 days and probably won't get it back at all.

www.joedono.info

Scroll to the bottom and check out the links...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.