Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a set of OEM fog lights for my 09 xb and they work fine until it rains/snows. As soon as the ground is wet my right fog light goes out. My left is fine but the right goes out. I've tried switching the ballasts and they worked dry until yesterday when it rained and I went to go pick a friend up and I checked and the front right was out again! I attempted to get heat shrinking stuff for the connectors but the guy said that the shrink wouldn't go tight at the wires and would break off. I just put waterproof electrical tape on the connections and I'll test it soon. Is there any easy way to get the bulb out of the fog assembly because my large hands get stuck back behind it and it seems like the bulb won't slide out or back in easily. The right bulb may be bad, (I purchased it back in October for headlights). Any help would be wonderful THANKS!!

Scott

·
Registered
781 Posts
I have a set of OEM fog lights for my 09 xb and they work fine until it rains/snows. As soon as the ground is wet my right fog light goes out. My left is fine but the right goes out. I've tried switching the ballasts and they worked dry until yesterday when it rained
OK, so I'm thoroughly confused -- the Scion fog light accessory doesn't have ballasts!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, meant to say OEM and HIDs. I water proof electrical taped all the connections so I'll see next time it rains if it goes out. I'm guessing it maybe the wiring harness is defective.

·
Registered
844 Posts
If you are still having a problem,you could try this. Get some silicone RTV and apply it to the back of all wires going in to the connectors. Make shure to get it into the housings and let it set up for a couple of hours,then reconnect them. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Drove it today with rain and it didn't go out, crossing fingers its for good.

I did stop in a parking lot to check it and I turned about 4 heads on the way out so I was happy!:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.