Scion XB Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just curious, how did you get power to the relay in order to be able to run the fogs with just the parking lights on...
I followed this tutorial on how. Works like a charm.

Factory Fog Light Mod - Scionlife.com

Sam, have you changed the bulbs in the foglights? i was thinking bout getting them but i want them to match the 6000k's on my box..
yes i changed them to just same wattage yellow H11's. I had 4 6ks on my last truck, i wanted to go more scene like and went with yellow. I like them a lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes they still dim. I basically just brought power to the relay on th fog light side to be able to power the fogs with just parking lights turned on.

I wish they'd stay on but i barely use my highs. Actually i dont think i have yet.

Hey, what's going on Sam? Thanks for spreading the news about the fog light mod. I just found this forum the other day and it's nice to see more people focusing on the 2nd gen XB. I didn't look into the fog lights staying on with the high beams when I was working on the mod. If you want, I can look into trying to see if there is a way to keep them on with the highs. I am a Lexus tech and have access to all the manuals and wiring diagrams. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hey, what's going on Sam? Thanks for spreading the news about the fog light mod. I just found this forum the other day and it's nice to see more people focusing on the 2nd gen XB. I didn't look into the fog lights staying on with the high beams when I was working on the mod. If you want, I can look into trying to see if there is a way to keep them on with the highs. I am a Lexus tech and have access to all the manuals and wiring diagrams. Let me know if you are interested.
unless someone else wants to know for sure i wouldnt waste your time. I know how big those books and modules are haha. Its a great and easy mod any DYI person can do. Im glad someone like you figured it out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
im a pround new owner of a 11 xb rs 8.0 # 1397 i just put the foglights in i did the fog light mod i bought a upgrade hid wiring harnes nd wired it up independently from the fog lights and ran a wire to a switch i had laying around so now i can keep the fogs on with the high beams:)

·
Registered
142 Posts
can someone help me locate the fuse for the factory fog lamps? Mine aren't working now, and i think i may have blown the fues.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Under the dash behind the fog switch is a big white box. There is a removable cover. It just snaps off to reveal fuses. There is a map on the back of the cover that shows what each fuse is.

·
Registered
142 Posts
....trouble is my white fuse box has the cover missing, so i don't have the location map to refer to. Anyone got a pic of the cover?? thanks,

·
Registered
841 Posts
I followed this tutorial on how. Works like a charm.

Factory Fog Light Mod - Scionlife.com

yes i changed them to just same wattage yellow H11's. I had 4 6ks on my last truck, i wanted to go more scene like and went with yellow. I like them a lot.
Sam, this is a new response to a old thread,but I just moded the fog lights to be on when the headlights are off. Some things that I found might help others doing the same thing. The first thing that I did was to take the control bezel off the 3 controls below the radio,And got it out of the way. The controls just pop off. I already had a wire connected to the dash lights, so I just "T" tapped off of that.It took me maybe ~20 mins. to complete this project and I'll want ot see the effect tonight after dark.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I put amber overlays on my fog lights because, after reading that some have been damaged by road stuff, the overlays will help protect the lenses and give the correct color to the "fog" lights.

·
Registered
17 Posts
so i figured out how to keep the fogs on with the high beams... here it goes i unplugged the factory foglight switch i ran a new ground wire to the bolt under the steering coloum i bought a basic on-off switch from pep boys i ran the new ground to the switch and connected the other end to the foglight wiring harness to the outside green wire now my fogs stay on with the high beams and i can still turn them off

·
Registered
17 Posts
update: i did some futher testing and proding around and i figured out that if you cut the white wire on the switch side and ground it. the foglights will stay on with the high beams and you still have full use of the switcheds features

·
Registered
661 Posts
Ok so lemme get this right. To get the factory fogs to to be on with the parking lights, and headlights, and brights, I do...

This is a want ive been wanting (zero time) to do. If its been figured out. Then :rockon:

·
Registered
54 Posts
update: i did some futher testing and proding around and i figured out that if you cut the white wire on the switch side and ground it. the foglights will stay on with the high beams and you still have full use of the switcheds features
That seems to be the easiest mod, can you still turn on Fog without turning on headlights ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
also its the GREY wire you ground NOT the WHITE like i said before sorry for the confusion
ah I see, glad I was gonna do it tonight, and not last night. So what's the WHITE one for?

So what I do is, cut the GREY wire, connect the end that is connected to the switch to Ground? What about the other end that connect to the lights? tape it up?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Was it cut-and-reran or "vampire tapped" for the ground?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts