Scion XB Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
ok so let me get this right... Gotta double check before just snipping the stock wiring. To have the fogs come on with just the driving/park lights all I have to do is cut the GREY wire on the back of the fog switch and just ground the switch side and tape of the wire leading to the lights? That simple? Lol anyone try this or double check?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
ok so let me get this right... Gotta double check before just snipping the stock wiring. To have the fogs come on with just the driving/park lights all I have to do is cut the GREY wire on the back of the fog switch and just ground the switch side and tape of the wire leading to the lights? That simple? Lol anyone try this or double check?
I have a 2011 with an OEM fog light switch. My hope was that this mod would allow me to have full manual control over the fog lights as long as the parking lights were on.

I just now did this mod exactly as matthadamatrix said: I cut the grey wire, then connected the grey wire closest to the switch to ground. However I was still NOT able to turn the fog lights on with just the parking lights on.

The fog lights now stay on with the high beams, and I can still turn off the fog lights using the fog light switch (before this mod the fog lights would turn off when the high beams came on) however the goal of this mod was to also be able to manually turn on/off the fog lights when the parking lights were on (that part still does not work).

·
Registered
185 Posts
bummer, well thanks for trying brickpig!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old post but they're all old and new to me. BrickPig & Willie, I am assuming the reason your mod didn't work completely was because you only did the MattHadAMatrix - fogs with high beams on mod. You have to also do the Factory Fog Light Mod - Scionlife.com that SamCarroll posted on the top of page 3. I'll be attempting this mod in the near future. Thanks to all who contributed!

41 - 44 of 44 Posts