Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the misfortune of getting hit my a stone that actually shattered one of the foglights on my RS 5.0.

The dealer told me it would cost $360 to purchase a new one - because of all the "custom" items on the RS including the body kit and the fog lights. I have to believe I could purchase one online for less.

Can anyone tell me what brand/model was used in the RS? Short of taking the fog lights out (not necessarily a trivial thing), I can't see the make/model on the visible parts of the light. It's definitely not the normal xB OEM fog light. The dealer hasn't been forthcoming with this information, unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
My guess is they installed an aftermarket set of fog lights instead of the factory ones. And are going to charge you the price for the whole kit since they can't buy just single foglight lens. If it was a factory item then they should be able to get just the one light, and no reason it should cost more then the factory set. I believe you can get the factory foglight set for less then $300.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good idea - I'll do that in the next day or so. Originally, I thought that fog lights were part of the RS 5.0 package and that they all would have them. Then I took a look at some of the RS 5.0 pics out there and I realized that most do NOT have the fog lights - it was actually an add on.

It's funny because first the dealer quoted me for normal OWM factory fog lights, then he said - whoops you have an RS so it went up, then he said - nope you have even MORE expensive custom fog lights (supposedly due to the body kit on the RS). But, of course, the lights aren't in the body kit so I'm not sure why that would figure into things at all. To me they look like the normal OEM lights, but I'm not certain - that's why I asked here! I figured another RS 5.0 owner with them might know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.