Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
i purchased the same style foglight kit but did not use the harness. i used the oem harness already supplied on the car and purchased the oem scion switch since the plug is already there.

·
Registered
307 Posts
i purchased the same style foglight kit but did not use the harness. i used the oem harness already supplied on the car and purchased the oem scion switch since the plug is already there.

Chris,

I've heard of these breaking easily. What's been your experience with them? also, since you used the existing harness, was it pretty much plug and play?

·
Registered
596 Posts
all you need to do is cut the grill and the oem grill has markings on it on where to cut then you slide the fog assembly and bolt down. next all you do is plug the socket plug into the bulb and connect your switch and off you go very easy install and all plug and play. i threw away the harness and switch the kit came with cause i didnt want to cut or tap wires. overall they have performed like i wanted them to. i drove to San Francisco with them on and had no issue and also drove to Vegas and no issue. for $75 locally for me it was worth it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
all you need to do is cut the grill and the oem grill has markings on it on where to cut then you slide the fog assembly and bolt down. next all you do is plug the socket plug into the bulb and connect your switch and off you go very easy install and all plug and play. i threw away the harness and switch the kit came with cause i didnt want to cut or tap wires. overall they have performed like i wanted them to. i drove to San Francisco with them on and had no issue and also drove to Vegas and no issue. for $75 locally for me it was worth it.

Great to know. I'll be getting a set... eventually

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a set of the aftermarket projector fog lights and NOTHING lined up on them. I basically had to hack them to pieces to make them fit. They do have a glass lens in front of he projector lens...so that's a plus.
I have also seen these and were interested in the projector for lights but, should these just plug play also?

·
Registered
846 Posts
The answer is yes.The lights have to be reconnected to the running lights. There is an older post here to show how to do it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.