Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new here and have a question. I just got my 08 xb and in canada thats really rare!

I was wondering if there are either day-time running lights or fog lamps made with leds that would fit in the fake vents on the sides of the bumper ??? mabey kinda like what audi is doing lately!

Thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's an awesome project. I suspect if I tried that on my xB I would position the lights on the lower grille. I'm not sure if I have the talent for such an undertaking.
Many thanks for your research. Perhaps we'll find a company that will provide LED inserts in the lower vents. There is a guy out in CA I'd like to ask about this. I'll get back to you if I can perk his interest

·
Registered
613 Posts
this sounds like a great project!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Awesome - now we know they are out there. But a group buy at $125 does not seem like a deal to me. Seems pretty pricey. ???

I've seen a basic LED fog light kit for around $50 here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-DAYLIGHT-DAY-LIGHT-LED-FOGLIGHT-FOG-SCION-XB-TC-SI_W0QQitemZ120381977047QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090222?IMSfp=TL0902221410003r8032

and here http://www.streetglow.com/site/led.ledfoglight.php

Not custom sized for the vents, but is that worth $100? I guess it depends on your level of experience working on stuff like this.

G

·
You get what you pay for.. buying a cheep pos mod at $50 gets you $50 quality. But Im not really sold on those +$100 plus lights . Id buy some if someone on here has them and likes them. It would fit in with my theme.

·
Registered
474 Posts
This is one mod that I will not do...heck a vent is a vent and not a light....and my driver's side is vented for my CAI...hmmmm....speed wins over flash!

Brewski

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've done some research myself and so far all the leds I've seen seem cheap and don't look all that good.
I've been to an audi dealer and could not get the demensions of their lights cuz so far there the best looking ones expensive but I was quoted
280$ canadian so roughly 200-230$us each!

unless picking these up by some miracle at a scrapyard I think more research is needed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.