Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Havent seen talk of it here.

I know ive seen a commercial for a car that has them. But definitely wasnt ours.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Rumion mirrors don't come with the motors in, either... you have to add those.

I had a buddy of mine research this for me because he's been learning Japanese. He mentioned that all you need are those motors and it doesn't seem like there's a switch of sorts. I guess it wires in with the power mirrors that we have.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yet there must be some sort of control somewhere, to signal the mirrors when to deploy or stow.

Maybe something that is signaled off of the Park indicator (for automatics) or the handbrake (for either automatics or stick shifts).
Or it could simply be signaled via the key switch power. You can't move the mirrors when they key is off. That's all I could think.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Rumion mirrors don't come with the motors in, either... you have to add those.

I had a buddy of mine research this for me because he's been learning Japanese. He mentioned that all you need are those motors and it doesn't seem like there's a switch of sorts. I guess it wires in with the power mirrors that we have.
From what I've seen with other japanese imports with these options, it is a separate switch next to the mirror adjustment switches.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
is there no other type of scion/toyota that have the same mirrors as ours but are powererd? i been looking on ebay there are some toyotas with folding mirrors but who knows if they will be a bolt on fit
I'd say take a mirror off, go to the wreckers, preferably a jap import one, and test fit some.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.