Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am a self proclaimed wheel whore, I'm always looking for different wheels and ideas.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=170352602285&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

I found these on ebay, they're cheap, but I'm thinking that I could keep this whole project to under $350 when complete. I think that these are off a Ford vehicle, but the offset and size are pretty much on point with the stock xB wheels. Only thing I'm worried about is the bore size. I'm planning to get these shipped to my house, polished the lip to the nice shine and paint/powdercoat the middle either gold, red, or bronze.
I'm gonna try and get ahold of the seller and ask him if he can send me info on the hub, and if he could send me some pics of the back of the wheels. I also plan on using some Ichiba ver. 2 spacers, prob. 15mm all around to push the wheels out even more. Anywho, what are your opinions? You think it's worth it? I mean if the wheels don't work out it's not like I'm out $500 or something.

I still have my 19'' TSW that I need to get new tires and one new wheel, but that alone will run me $500+. I'm just sick of running stock steelies already!

Emanuel

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hmmmmm those might look pretty good!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I did some searching on the net and found out that these are Crown Vic mesh wheels from the 97-99 era. I'm getting mixed answers about offset though. I've read 0 offset all the way to 30 offset. I'll be hunting for a set of these at a junkyard soon though!

Emanuel

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Those look like the ones that were on the Crown Vic that died so I could get the xB.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so I finally found out all the info I needed on the wheels. The specs are as follows:

The wheels came standard on the HPP models of pre 2003 Crown Vics/Grand Marquis. They are 16'' x 7'' with an offset of 6mm. The hub bore/center bore size is 70.6mm. The also come in three different looks (machined lip/painted lip/polished etc...).

Now here are my questions for my wheel guru's out there...

1. 16'' x 7'' with 6mm offset, on stock tires, lowered on DF210's...will I rub in the rear?
2. If I do rub on the DF210, would the NF210 be better?
3. Hub Centric rings are def. needed here, would having a ring this wide (60.1mm to 70.6mm, 10.5mm) cause any problems?

If I can get these questions answered, I'll probably get these rims and start working on them (stripping, sanding, painting) and have the first xB rolling on custom Crown Vic meshies. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Emanuel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.