Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i test drove my FR-S today. Argento ATM and i'm lovin' it! we ran the numbers and discovered the only way i can get it would be to give up my first love. $26,700 + $8,500 trade will put me in financing i can manage.

maybe i would feel better if they kicked in the NAV upgrade with the financing. failed to ask about that.....darn!

like to know what you guys thought. i hate leaving the xB2 family.:confused::(

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the input, phobic. man, i want both soooo... bad. i would have to go into hybernation for the entire summer. i hate being broke. i'm walking thru the house lookin' at what i can sell. i better check myself!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
yeah, you're right! i decided this morning to keep my baby. when i get the FR-S it will be a straight purchase. i'll have more leverage by then.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Good decision. Now you can still have fun with the B.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I'm glad you're not leaving the forum. Good members are hard to find.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Funny you made this thread. My RS8 will be gone in a week for the same reason but I'll still be around these parts.
Enjoy your new wheels dude :)! I've put far too much of myself into optimizing my xB2 to even consider letting it go (it's just so much better than when purchased, and even then, it provided much). Made another mod just yesterday and I swear (yeah, I'm probably certifiable), the throttle response is better than ever :p!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
maybe an RS version coming!

TrevorS is on point. i fell for the xB2 while looking for a used '07. enjoyed it then and now my babies running better @111k. i'm only halfway thru my mod list and decided to finish it. i'll most likely end up with two toys!!!

i'm back to "driving 'til the wheels fall off"........and then i'll probably fix 'em! another 111k, here i come>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
39 Posts
Im going to wait until toyota gets smart and decides to put a turbo on the FR-S, then I will be first in line to get it.
There's going to be a STI version of the Subaru so a turbo's Toyota is in the cards.

In Japan and maybe aus (stil waiting on confirmation) theryl be a striped out Version thats basic, then you choose what options you want.
Price rumors are around 7-10k cheaper.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ive heard a few voices talking about the RS 1 for the FR-S being turboed, so Im going to be waiting until I see an RS to decide on if I buy one or not.

I love them though, even without the turbo they drive like a fucking dream.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you are very fortunate! NO SPEED LIMITS. you'll have to post a review on that experience...

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
alright so Saturday I got to attend a VIP test drive of the Scion FR-S. I was able to drive 3 different automatic FR-S's. They all had TRD lowering springs and a TRD racing exhaust on them and Enkie 17s, all of which will be offered from Scion soon.

the track was an auto X style track with a lot of twists, turns, slalom, and a hard stop at the end just for fun haha.

I was able to take it around 4 times. I was in the orange one, the white one, and the black one. The white one was by far the loosest steering, and the black one was the tightest. Im glad I got to experience multiple cars because its amazing how slight differences can change the car. Im sure each car has been beaten on beyond comprehension, god knows I wasnt easy on them, so slight variations are expected.

this was my very first time doing any type of auto x and I tell you it will not be my last. I suggest everyone try this at least once with any car, it's super fun! My first run I wasnt very daring but didnt baby the car either. I went around the track in a little over 1 minute and didnt hit any cones, so I figured it was a good run. The steering was a bit loose, but still very accurate. The car went right where I wanted it to go, unless traction control kicked in (because they wouldnt let us turn it off). The traction control works great, put you right back to straight... which can cause some cone destruction if on an auto x track and going too fast haha. This was in the white FR-S.

My next run was in the Orange FR-S and this once felt more like a new FR-S should, very accurate, not stiff, but firm handling and suspension. The ride was by not means uncomfortable, even on the slight bumps that were around the track. The spring rate is perfect on the TRDs. The drop is also excellent, even with 17s the wheel gap wasnt huge. The car again went exactly where I pointed it, unless traction control sabotaged me, and it got up to speed very nicely. The braking was also great, when I attempted it.

The track wasn't setup to really use the paddle shifters since there was no real straight aways, so I didnt even bother trying it.

They also didnt use stick shifts because not everyone can drive stick and they wanted everyone to be able to drive it.

all in all the car is amazing. It isn't super fast, but it is very very agile and still fast enough to get your heart pumping. Sadly, I did not get a chance to drift it, but you can feel that rear end wants to come out even with traction control on. its a very fun car.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
great review. very real-world, not like the other ad-fluff i've been reading. made me feel like i was there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.