Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Can you recommend any decent sites to upload files for download?

I downloaded the shop manual for the xB and would like to make it available for others. I've already uploaded the file for download and posted a link, but I'm not comfortable with the site (fileshare.com). TartanJack recommended mentioning this to you.

·
Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
goldennugget said:
...but when I tried to post them on here, the complete photobucket page came up when I previewed. Any help.
There may be an easier way, but this is what I do...

Left click on a specific picture in your photobucket album to bring it up. Right click on the photo and a window will open with information on that image. At the bottom of that window will be "Properties". Left click on "Properties" then hold down the left mouse button and drag across the properties link to highlight it. Make sure the arrow icon is over the highlighted area, then right click and select "copy". You now have that image on your clipboard. Open the NSxB window where you want to post the picture, click on the "Insert Image" button and "paste" the image from your clipboard between the [ img] and [ /img] tags. You can also just type "[ img]" paste your photo, then type "[ /img]". Note: I've added extra spacing to the "img" tags so the link doesn't try to turn my text into an image

Sounds complicated, but it becomes routine. Now I just have to try it to make sure I haven't lied to you.

It worked.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Okay, let's see if it is going to work.

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr122/froehrig/Cville_72-1.jpg?t=1223739030

Okay, I copied several pic. but this is the only one that pasted?

So, how do I do several?

Okay.....the photobucket link is because I didn't click on the "Insert Image" button, the picture that came up was with the insert image button.

Thanks Geezer, I think we must both be from the old school. LOL
But how do I do several?

This picture is for Shancopp, btw.

·
Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
I don't think you can copy multiple photos, but I found an easier way to post images from photobucket. When you select a specific image, photobucket opens a window in the lower right corner of the screen that has the information you need. Just highlight it, copy it and paste it into an NSxB post with the image tags (it's the bottom box in the photobucket window). I just started using photobucket and am still learning the tricks.

Update: Actually the "IMG Code" is also displayed below each thumbnail in photobucket, so you don't even need to open the picture. Still no answer for multiple pix.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Geezer said:
I don't think you can copy multiple photos, but I found an easier way to post images from photobucket. When you select a specific image, photobucket opens a window in the lower right corner of the screen that has the information you need. Just highlight it, copy it and paste it into an NSxB post with the image tags (it's the bottom box in the photobucket window). I just started using photobucket and am still learning the tricks.

Update: Actually the "IMG Code" is also displayed below each thumbnail in photobucket, so you don't even need to open the picture. Still no answer for multiple pix.
How did you do that with my picture. This sort of tells me that anybody can look at my photos, yes.? I don't think I care much for that. I've seen people post more than 1 pix. Although, I would like to post more of those pix.

·
Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
goldennugget said:
How did you do that with my picture. This sort of tells me that anybody can look at my photos, yes.? I don't think I care much for that. I've seen people post more than 1 pix. Although, I would like to post more of those pix.
It's part of my old CIA training. Actually, you need to open "Account Options" in photobucket (tab on top right side of screen), go to "Album Settings" and change the viewing option to "Private" from "Public".

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
i use www.tinypic.com

the home page is the upload screen, you click upload, then select the picture, then after it uploads you get the IMG code, or you can resize is.

·
Registered
294 Posts

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.