Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't buy a new xB in wintertime.

Major freezing rain storm. I park my car outside my house in Toronto. There are a ton of old trees around.

Luckily I listened to my wife and she suggested I park across the street. I huge frozen branch fell in the spot where I usually park.

Anywhoo... here are some pics.

Behind the black car is where I usually park.

Um.. my car is like a week old.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok. Now for some pics of the safe Scion xB, covered in ice.

·
Registered
72 Posts

I did the same thing, parked it in my compound away from the tree out front

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your hood protector is the bizz nizz! Love it.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
xB-pops!

Glad your's didn't get popped.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Scary! Any damage to the mazda do you know?

Your xb looks cold, life in Canada hey? Haha

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Scary! Any damage to the mazda do you know?
Whoa. That picture above looks bananas!

There was damage to the Mazda. The branch banged off of the upper rear spoiler/brake light... and smashed the housing. It also then dented the rear bumper.

And that was because the falling trunks "grazed" it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Today's snowstorm....

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can't wait for sunnier days. I've said it before... I'll say it again. I have so many things to put on my xB. The weather just won't co-operate.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Whew!!

I had my fuel door frozen shut when I needed to get gas a few days ago. Thankfully I parked facing the sun(ish) and that thawed it out enough. We had a little sleet before the snow on Sunday night, but not this much ice.

·
Registered
846 Posts
The snow's bad enough but we just experienced a nasty ice storm on Monday night. Tuesday morning, the power went out and we didn't get back until Friday night at 6:00 PM. We're now waiting for the house temp to get back up to setting It was ~ 49 deg. this morning according to a neighbor. My family stayed at my son in law's mother's house. After going through all this, Snow doesn't look so bad.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
We're now waiting for the house temp to get back up to setting It was ~ 49 deg.
49 degrees!? wow thats definitely to cold to live in lol.. what a lovely time for the power to go out for like 3 days :/.my home sits at a comfortable 68 in the winter lol.

·
Registered
601 Posts
We turned the heat way down and during one of the cold spells when it was single digits for a few days, the pipe to our shower froze enough that no water came out in the morning. I put a hot work light pointed at the pipes and a space heater in the crawl space there and after an hour I had both hot and cold working again. It was a little scary, but no pipe problems thankfully! Now I know where it's most vulnerable. These pipes are close the outside wall, and there was quite a cold draft of air coming down that wall when I was in the crawl space.

The thermostat only shows 50 at the bottom, so we were somewhere in the 40s I imagine! We turn it down to 60 often, sometimes 55, but it was way down this time and that was definitely a mistake with the outside temps. We like it cold at night and don't have a problem in bed. Giggity. Of course we turn it back up in the morning and take HOT showers. Our 100 year old house doesn't keep heat well so it's not like we're losing money letting it fluctuate. It saves money, quite a bit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.