Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I wanted to see if anyone could gimme an answer. Our xB2 front rotor size is this ->10.827" according to rockauto. The TC2 is 11.65" and the only difference is the caliper mounting bracket and the rotor. I think it would be awesome to go almost 1 inch up in the brake system. Does the TC2 TRD BBK kit fit our xB2's?

·
Registered
741 Posts
You might want to try the xB wheel on the TC to see if you have clearance. That might be the only problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My xB2 has mid 16k's now and the brake fade can be overwhelming at times. I think our pads are ceramic? it produces quite a bit of brake dust and I rarely drive with the window down cos I think the brake dust is gonna enter the cabin and into my lungs lol mind you I used to be a smoker btw, I've quit awhile back. ANyways, I think if our braking hardware can be upgraded with a simple mounting bracket and the appropriate rotor and pads, it could well be one of the cheaper alternatives as a 2nd stage brake kit.

I have had similar upgrading when I went from a 1-piston 11" to a 2-piston 12" brake hardware for a Korean 2door hatchback (take a guess :rockon:) using factory parts that were interchangeable and it was a huge improvement for very little money. I would like to achieve something in similar fashion with my xB2 I think that'd be cool. Maybe Lexus has dual-piston calipers? that'd be very cool.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might want to try the xB wheel on the TC to see if you have clearance. That might be the only problem.
Very true, wouldn't want to run into trouble when the caliper comes in contact with the spokes! I hated grinding my calipers, I went to see a doctor when a caliper i was grinding shot a metal debris and it went into my eye. The doc had to flip my eye lid to pick it off lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I doubt anyone has ever tried that yet. I would say yes though, same bolt pattern, same axle, same hub, ect ect. As long as you have all the parts to replace everything for the brakes, I'd think you'd be fine.
Thanks but hey, judging by the looks of your ride, i think you could be 1 of those hands on type of doods that like toy with an experimental idea no?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Brake dust?? :biggrin:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I post a thread about this in another forum and people was just talking bs, what you doing this or change your brake pads and bla bla bla. The only thing I know is that I did that on my previous car, a Mazda Protege 5, put mazda 6 calipers and mazda 6 power slotted rotors and maaan, the braking on that car was awesome, I'm wondering if there's other toyota or lexus model that fit my 2012 xb and for sure I'm gonna do this mod to my xb.. IS Big brakes for cheap!!

·
Registered
528 Posts
I post a thread about this in another forum and people was just talking bs, what you doing this or change your brake pads and bla bla bla. The only thing I know is that I did that on my previous car, a Mazda Protege 5, put mazda 6 calipers and mazda 6 power slotted rotors and maaan, the braking on that car was awesome, I'm wondering if there's other toyota or lexus model that fit my 2012 xb and for sure I'm gonna do this mod to my xb.. IS Big brakes for cheap!!
Yup. Sometimes the only way to do something right, is to do it yourself. So start doing some research and measuring and let everyone know how it goes. :cheers:
I do believe that we do share the same rear beam as the newer Prius' and that means the possibility of the CT200H.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.