Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after 3 vinyl attempts I got fed up. So this morning I started a project I never would have had the stones to do in the past. Using the same paint I used with my hubcaps, I did the center of my front bumper. The best part is, it can just be peeled off like vinyl. As you will see it did almost cover up the plate holes too..

And end the end.. Well you decide..

·
Registered
49 Posts
I soo want to do that myself but i dont want to paint yet. I got a price of about 80$ do get it done in vinyl but still not sure , maybe ill wait a little while and just worry about saving for the TRD cai ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The paint applies very easily, about 15 min between coats (80 degrees out). Nice thing is, just like vinyl, it can be peeled off. Just make sure to tape well and have an exacto knife to slice the edge between tape and paint. Give it a shot.. you will love the results..

·
Registered
339 Posts
Am I reading this right, Paint that will peel up when you want to remove it

·
Registered
613 Posts
i like that grille a lot! who makes it? Nice work on the bumper too!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think you did a great job. Only thing I would have done different is maybe do gloss black to kind of match the factory shine. Good stuff tho! And its nice that you can take it off too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.