Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure, I dont know what would actually look good. White might look good, but I think it would be too much maintenance to actually keep it looking clean and white. idk...Wondering if anyone has stumbled upon some pics of anything online or whatever.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I did the paint on my HTM ! I bought some semi gloss bumper paint from Oreilly .
I masked off what I wanted and sanded/scuffed then shot it, after a year of daily driving and numerous road tips its just starting to show signs of rock damage. Good thig is I can just mask it again and scuff it and reshoot it.
I need to wash my car and take some pics.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Parkers09xB said:
Not my car, but a picture I found a long time ago. I would do this to my BCM if I wasn't scared of messing it up.

Dont be skeered

·
Registered
294 Posts
Parkers09xB said:
Hmmm. What color would look the best on blackberry crush? Haha. Probably black if I decided to do it... It would be a fun project!
If you do it make sure to use paint made for bumpers I think the stuff I bought was by SEM and was meant for bumper touch up.
I am pleased with the effect it has given my car . I will post up pictures today I just got the car an my kids home. LOL

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Parkers09xB said:
Hmmm. What color would look the best on blackberry crush? Haha. Probably black if I decided to do it... It would be a fun project!
You could also do gold.
If I had a BBC, the trim color would be gold. Gold looks amazing w/ that burgundy (red, purple, brown, whatever).
Silver might look pretty good too. Also, I've seen some folks use bright red, but that's not my personal favorite. I'd go w/ gold.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I agree gold would look very nice with Blackberry Crush, but since my badges are still stock silver and my wheels are shiny silver and black, I don't think it would flow very well. A silver that matched the logos could look good, but still not sure about that.

However, plasti-dip only comes in black, white, red, blue, yellow and clear.

I plan on using plasti-dip spray if I do decide to do this for two main reasons: no bubbles, can still be taken off like vinyl.

·
Registered
46 Posts
that looks really good. I might relocate my Liscense plate on my xb so I will need to paint or put some vinyle over it so the holes are gone. Thinking more Carbon fiber though my xb is black

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.