Scion XB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the "upgrade" wheels by Enkei and Goodyear tires that came on my 2011 xB. They are in like new condition with only 385 miles on them. I bought new wheels/tires, so that's why I'm selling these. There are no TPMS in them as they went in my new wheels. Lug nuts included.

The pic is not my actual wheels, but from a Toyota site. They are exactly like these though.

Located in Round Rock, Texas. Local pickup really preferred. Asking $600. PM if interested. Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm guessing those are just an aftermarket upgrade from the dealer you bought your Scion from to fatten their profit margin, not Toyota. I've never seen them offered by any dealer. So when I read upgrade in your post I started to wonder if it was a Scion thing. Technically they were an upgrade for you, cause they charged you more but they're not a factory OEM upgrade or option, are they? I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong and I'm not trying to call your post into question, just asking. It's been my experience that anything Toyota or Scion offers, even if made for them, usually has a Scion, Toyota or TRD logo.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply TartanJack.

Karma, they are considered a factory option at "Gulf States" dealers. Like TartanJack stated, different regions sometimes have unique options through their dealer network.

I did not ask for them, they were on there already. The "Gulf States" dealers are not allowed to remove options installed by the distributor, so yes, it's just more markup for them. I had planned to put on aftermarket wheels before I found the car, but it's tough to find a RS8 w/5 speed in my area. In fact, this was the only one left, so I had to deal with the wheel issue.

They cost me $800, I'm just trying to recoup some of my money and give someone else a good deal on some decent wheels. Funny thing about these is that they say "made in America" cast on the back. My supposedly better wheels were made in China, go figure.

So, I'm gonna drop the price on these to $500. They're a decent wheel set, I just wanted 18's.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Interesting. The Gulf State dealers are up to their old tricks again, eh? I DID and DO like their rear bumper protectors. I've bought three of them so far but they are only around $60. Sorry you got saddled with the wheels and had to pay extra for something you didn't really even want. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
783 Posts
My b came with these same wheels. I'm looking at selling mine too, if there are 2 buyers interested :)

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
And for anyone interested in pick-up, Chervis live in Ar-Kansas (as opposed to Kansas . . . hehehehehe*).
Those are good rims, I just don't need them.

*Old Southern inter-state rivalry, esp, from the days when Little Rock, Atlanta, and Charleston were big rivals. Other Southerners purposely mis-pronounce Arkansas, just to rib Arkansans- we know how it's supposed to be pronounced . . .

·
Registered
476 Posts
I bought a set of OEM alloys w/tires for my 08 xb from EBay and paid $60.00 shipping through UPS. I don't know how much it would cost now, but my wheels just had a piece of cardboard on one side to protect the face of the rim and wrapped in clean plastic like Saran Wrap and duct tape. Worked great for shipping!

You would definately have more people interested if shipped. I'm looking for new tires for my xB and would be interested if you would ship, it's a long way to Texas from Ohio for tires! lol

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Closed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.