Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it being the winter, I usually don't run my car down to empty, but I did the other day because I was running a ton of errands. This was the first time I've gone down to the gas light in my xB. When I filled the tank, it only took 12 gallons! I thought xBs had a 14 gallon tank, right? One of the nice ancillary reasons I bought it - so I could fill up less often than when I had my old 12 gallon tank car. Is there something I'm missing???

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi,

To answer your question there are 2 reasons.
1) The gas light is there as a reminder it lights up when the on-board cpu decides that with the remainging gas you can go I believe 30mi
2) the way the fill tube is made will sometimes prevent one from really topping off ones tank.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
...and, as with the other Toyota products I've owned that were equipped with fuel injectors, there is a two-gallon "reserve" to keep from getting too low and causing problems with the injectors. That is why the light will come on when you have approximately two gallons left.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.