• Fujita

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Injen

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
You should have put other in there, I have Weapon R and I know I'm not the only one. I love it, souund when I punch it and the increase in performance.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Fujita for sure. I have used the Weapon R, K&N, and now Fujita. I love the Fujita. The Weapon R one is a very nice intake for sure. They did not have the CAI when I did mine. I am not a fan of the SRI at all. So that is why I changed over.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Just ordered a Fujita CAI....had considered the Tenzor R at about $100 less...but decided to go with what Sparks was offering...only directly from Fujita.

Couldn't find a source for Injen CAI...so Fujita won out....
Will post back after installation....

Brewski
08 xB M5

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hmmm, just curious as to how many on the forum have installed CAI (of any type). I know there is at least one or more that have installed Weapons R and/or TRD CAI....but, when I see the "poll" count of 2 for Fujita and 2 for Injen it makes me believe that not too many out there are into "performance" mods...

My Fujita CAI has shipped....looking forward to doing the install!

Brewski
08 xB

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Some (like me) are into performance mods, but have to do it a little at a time (family, home, kids).
I am watch, reading, listening . . .
I will get an intake, as soon as my suspension is up to where I want it to be.
My priorities:
Interior basics
Minimal exterior (trim and grill)
Suspension
Power.
More of all the above

Why power down the list? Great handling allows more speed carried safely through a corner.
(Defense done)

So, how do the TRD, Fujita, and Injen compare?
(I'd love to hear Ken or Jamie at Sparks elaborate further. They carry 2 of them and had te third till recently.)

·
Registered
474 Posts
TartanJack...

Good reply...you have your priorities right! In my case, at 68 yrs old and having most of the kids need issues behind me...it is fun to play with the ride.

I'll post on the installation and the sense of performance once accomplished.

As I've said before....driving the xB makes me feel like a kid again!

Brewski
08 xB

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have installed the Fujita CAI, very happy with it.

FYI.. it takes a little manuevering but you do not have to take off the front bumper to remove the old intake and install the new. Just move the battery over a bit, or take it out if you like, and you can wedge the fujita filter through the space without causing any damage.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Received my Fujita CAI yesterday....

Under the limited warranty there is the following statement. "The manufacture does not assume any liability for damages to the engine due to water entering the engine through the intake system..." (O.K. this I understand.) ...

The statement continues... "The manufacture recommends the removal of the intake system during any wet conditions."

Hmmmmm, it's going to rain in Florida, and rain heavy...I can avoid charging through standing water (somewhat), but can not avoid the heavy rain.

Has anyone out there had a problem with CAI(s) and "any wet conditions"?

spiderxB...How has your Fujita CAI been impacted by "...wet conditions"?

Brewski
08 xB

Fujita CAI (continued)
Installed Fujita CAI with Injen Hydro-Shield prefilter...
As spiderxB stated in an earlier post there is no need to remove the bumper cover for the installation. It took me about 2 hrs...then again I am old and slow (or cautious?)

1st step is to remove the battery....this leaves room to extract the stock intake and easily install the new with the filter attached...the only glitch in the system was the mass air flow sensor...the attachment holes did not line up with the Fujita...simple solution was to drill the holes in the mass air flow sensor a little oversize to allow it to be mounted to the intake tube without any problem.

Battery reinstalled...start up and wait for the computer to catch up with the new intake and idle down...final check and off for a test drive. Wow! This could hurt my overall fuel economy...but, Oh! Oh! What fun!!! (Not sure what resets the portion of the computer that determines the average mpg...but that dropped from 25.7 mpg (all city) to 19.1 mpg indicated....my hope is that this is a result of removing the battery.) I'm sure that the wife will get better mpg...then me!

The air rushing in on hard acceleration combined with exhaust note is really great!

Off to have some more fun!.../Brewski

·
Registered
474 Posts
O.K. change all "CIA" to "CAI" in my last post....dang I've been working too much!

Brewski

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Brewski said:
O.K. change all "CIA" to "CAI" in my last post....dang I've been working too much!

Brewski
Does the modify/edit button appear yet?
It should be on the right side of the box.
(I'm not sure at what post number all that turns on, but it should be around 20, if not before.)

·
Registered
66 Posts
We had all three like TartanJack said but we recently stopped carrying Injen for a few reasons. The Fujita is just as good as the Injen and sells for much less. If you order through me I'll even sell it to you for an additional discount off what it is on our site. Personally though I have the TRD CAI and I LOVE it. Its a direct ram air system, you can get any better than that, the faster you go the more power your making. Its definately a noticeable difference more so than any of the others ones in my opinion.

Jamie

TartanJack said:
Some (like me) are into performance mods, but have to do it a little at a time (family, home, kids).
I am watch, reading, listening . . .
I will get an intake, as soon as my suspension is up to where I want it to be.
My priorities:
Interior basics
Minimal exterior (trim and grill)
Suspension
Power.
More of all the above

Why power down the list? Great handling allows more speed carried safely through a corner.
(Defense done)

So, how do the TRD, Fujita, and Injen compare?
(I'd love to hear Ken or Jamie at Sparks elaborate further. They carry 2 of them and had te third till recently.)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I wonder if this is true with all CAI products. I can't imagine that Toyota wants you to remove the bumper every time it rains so that you can get in there and close up shop. Would the same thing then be true with the TRD version?

Michael

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hmmm, so I had a brain dump on the "CAI / CIA" typo....

That said, it is raining like heck here at the moment and I'm still looking for feed back on the impact of "any wet conditions" on the Fujita CAI (see I can get it right) or any CAI.

I would really be concerned if I had the TRD CAI here in SW Florida with the "ram effect" so close to the standing water on the road...the TRD CAI would have been my first choice except for that.

It would appear that the Fujita CAI filter is somewhat higher in the the xB then the TRD CAI filter would be...this is what swayed my decision towards Fujita.

Brewski
08 xB

·
Registered
474 Posts
O.K all my concerns over CAI hydrolock with the Fujita CAI have will be put aside and the Fujita will be installed on my xB.

The FAQ's at www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?caegoryID=20 helped me make my decision to install the CAI

Based on the FAQ above IMO I do not need the AEM Air Bypass Valve due to the height above the road of the Fujita CAI air filter.

To be on the safe side I've ordered a Injen HydroShield Water Repellant Pre Filter P/N INJ-X-1033 to place over my Fujita air filter.

Here in SW Florida I would had been concerned if I had gone with the TRD CAI due to the often standing water during rainy season and the chance of hydrolock.

So I will put this to rest...until the Fujita CAI is installed.

Brewski
08 xB

·
Registered
474 Posts
Fujita CAI (continued)

Installed Fujita CAI with Injen Hydro-Shield prefilter...

As spiderxB stated in an earlier post there is no need to remove the bumper cover for the installation. It took me about 2 hrs...then again I am old and slow (or cautious?)

1st step is to remove the battery....this leaves room to extract the stock intake and easily install the new with the filter attached...the only glitch in the system was the mass air flow sensor...the attachment holes did not line up with the Fujita...simple solution was to drill the holes in the mass air flow sensor a little oversize to allow it to be mounted to the intake tube without any problem.

Battery reinstalled...start up and wait for the computer to catch up with the new intake and idle down...final check and off for a test drive.

Wow! This could hurt my overall fuel economy...but, Oh! Oh! What fun!!!

Not sure what resets the portion of the computer that determines the average mpg...but that dropped from 25.7 mpg (all city) to 19.1 mpg indicated....(my hope is that this is a result of removing the battery.) I'm sure that the wife will get better mpg...then me!

The air rushing in on hard acceleration combined with exhaust note is really great!

Off to have some more fun!...

Brewski
08 xB

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.