Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this weekend i started my whole interior build. Im i started on tearing out the whole interior to dynamat the car and start on my fiberglass sub enclosure. ill post pics as i get more accomplished but so far i have the car completely gutted and im gonna start the dynamat tomorrow. let me know what you think
and here is the start of my sub enclosure. thats my buddy in the trunk.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
finally got some updated pics for everyone. so i finished dynamat on all the doors and the roof finally
and i finished all the glass on the sub box and amp rack.
all thats left is to suede everything and put it in the car

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thanks for posting up pics. These are views of the xB that aren't seen unless stuff gets removed - could also be a resource to someone doing a project different than yours.

If only I had a garage...or a driveway even...

I am very jealous of those that can work on their cars totally unrestricted of homeowner & association rules.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i have a bunch more pics to come when i start putting everything back together and in the car. but im lucky to have a friend that lets me use his shop to keep my car in so i dont have to drive it every day and i can really focus on the interior and make it look good. and im hoping that someone will find these useful.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i havent really thought of that. i have the tint so dark on the windows that i never need to dim my mirror but i would like to have a compass. i might have to run a wire just in case. thanks for the idea i never considered that. oh and i have the headliner fully sueded and it looks real good in black. i gonna do all the pillars in red and the sub box and amp rack will be done in black and red also. ill post pics as soon as i have them done

·
Registered
339 Posts
Looks great so far! Keep us posted with more great pics

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i thought about the radar but i think im gonna do an in dash radar to keep it cleaner and not have too much stuff on the windshield. and as for the headliner i did just lay it over the existing material. and i used a 3M Headliner Spray Adhesive.(make sure it has a good heat rating so it wont fall off in the summer months) i got my stuff at an auto upholstery shop and just asked if i could buy some off them. and then just left a little extra material all around so i could tuck it on the back side and just used a hot glue gun to hold it. if you have any other questions just let me know. and ill be sure to post pics as soon as i get more done.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wow ! You really went deep in there. Should be a fantastic rebuild, please keep us informed... with pics !! We Luv Pics !!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey just wanted to give an update to everyone I finally finished the interior now I just have to put it all back in the car but as soon as it's in I'll post a bunch more pictures for everyone

·
Registered
69 Posts
SSSSWWWWEEEETTTT Ride Bro!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank buddy. and it completely changes the look of the car. i spent a couple hours on it but it turned out so nice. i couldn't be happier with the results. and i still have the door panels to do and some other small stuff but i will keep everyone updated with pics

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so another thing i just did to pull my interior together is i just got a black suede shift boot with red stitching. im installing it tonight and will post pictures when its all in. im pretty excited about it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.