Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So went to the Philly auto show. Had a good time. Didn't take alot of photos. They didn't have as many concepts as I was hoping to see. Plus some of my photos came out blurry due to the turntables and having take photos in a hurry to avoid people walking in front of you.
Also very disapointing they didn't have the xB RS there :( However they did have a solstic in the tuner salon that was the same color. Let me tell you it was a beautiful thing. The lighting didn't allow for a great photo but here it is.

I am not gonna post every image because some aren't any better then what you can see online. Here are a few cool ones.
The new HHR Panel Van. Which is acually a four door and uses a button on the inside to open the back doors.

The Ford interceptor, very cool

My fiance is a big time ford fan. She drives a focus and would one day like a new mustang. Plus she loves dark green as one of her favorite colors. I hadn't seen this car in this color before and figured she would love to see it.

And of course I couldn't have left without photos of this bad boy.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Is this the philly auto show? I should really get up there seeing as to how its only 45 mins away. Oh and Sonicmyk... He put this in the "Other Cars" section of the site, where it rightfully goes...

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sonicmyk said:
DUDE... "NEWSCIONXB.COM" ? NOT CAMERO.COM
Like Ross said I posted this in "other cars". Trust me if the 2008 xB RS 5.0 had actually been there like I was hoping, there would have been about three times the photos with 90% of them being the xB. I would have taken photos over every freakin thing. We did go to the scion section. Played with the touch screen navigation which was kinda cool. I would totally get it if it wasn't DVD based. I even got a music cd and a antenna cube. Yes a cube not a ball. After doing some reading aparentally the xB RS 5 was shown at the Detriot show and the tC RS 4 was shown at the Chicago show thats going on right now as well. I would expect the xD RS 1 to be at the newyork show, however it has been stated that a brand spankin new Concept scion is going to be unvield there.

Yeah this was the philly show. It was definatly worth going. Just a warning if you stay more then 3hrs you will probably pay more for parking the for 2 tickets to the show.

I don't know if that was the bullit edition. I had never seen it before and it didn't have a sticker on it.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That Camaro was amazing. I already told my fiance that I will eventually have one. Later when we have our own house and I have somewhere for two cars that will be my FUN car. I hope they keep the gauges like that but I doubt they will.

·
Registered
28 Posts
damn... that camaro is beautiful...

·
Registered
119 Posts
When that Camaro came out in the movie Transformers both my son and I perked up in our seats.
It looks awesome, but I wonder what the current economy and gas prices will do to the engine offerings, etc.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well GM is on this huge Green Vehical drive right now. In fact the majority of the vehicals being shown were their hybrids and a hydrogen mock up. Apparently GM has this goal to move from gas to hybrid to hydrogen. They want to eventually have cars with now petrol and no emmisions. According to what I had heard while there the hydrogen models will have nothing but pure water come outta the tailpipes.
So I suspect that if the camaro does take off that we will soon see a hybrid version. Wouldn't be surprised if they start offering it in the corvette soon. Right now they are doing it in the larger vehicals that are notoris gas hogs but aren't performance based. I think performance based hybrids might take a bit longer to work out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts