Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time ever I reverse jumped my batt on the xb today and when I corrected the mistake and jumped the car a Xmas tree of warning lights came up including no throttle response. The car starts but is undrivable currently. I've checked fuses and I've blown 3 minifuses in the engine bay. I've had it looked at and we suspect the fusing link is the blown however can't confirm until we get it out. Has anyone replaced this relay and know how to do it? I am 5 bolts and 2 clips in disassembling it but cannot see how to get this damm relay out.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jesus christ, sorry to hear that :(

Check your EFI fuses and basically every fuse under the hood.

Regarding the main fuse, is this the one you're referring to? There's a picture here:

http://www.newscionxb.com/123-2nd-g...eplacing-fuse-strip-engine-bay-need-help.html
Yes that's the one. I've checked all fuses in engine bay fuse box and if you count columns from left to right and numbers from top to bottom, I fried A2(15a), B5(10a), and B6(10a). Sorry I didn't take note of their labels in the cover

The clear cover relay is called a fusable link part# 8262012280
I'm stuck trying to get the fuse box out to unbolt this link and see what's fried on it. Car still stars so the 120a is fine. I haven't been able to find a diy or diagram to see how this unbolt, it's honestly very jigsaw puzzle feeling

Should I be worried about any other electronics?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yeah, you are going to have to take the fuse box apart. I don't remember how exactly but I do remember that it was a pain when I ran all new power lines for my engine bay. Most likely the fusible link is blown. It basically is a strip of metal that acts like a big fuse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.