Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've taken the time to figure out that yes, the xB is what I plan on buying. While I have disliked the 1st gen model, the 2nd had caught my eye and it took a little time to figure out that it reminds me of the Ford T (1920's model era) that the old time gangsters used to drive, only updated. Of course, I couldn't leave it alone as is.

To accomplish a look that more represents this look, I'm looking to do some mods to make it look like an updated version of the T. One of the first things I plan to do is change the rims to a chrome with white walled tires, Easy enough. What I'm having a problem figuring out is how to create a running board on each side.

The following link should show what I'm looking to do without totally destroying the look of the xB. Anyone have any ideas on how i could pull this off?

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-1920-1929/1928-Ford-Model-A-PO-1024x768.jpg

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Ok first off check out this thead.

http://newscionxb.com/member_pics/xgangster_kit-t393.0.html

Now for the running boards. This shouldn't be a big deal. There are plenty of trucks, vans, jeeps and such that have running boards avaliable. All you have to do is figure out which vehical as the size and style you are looking for. Fine a popular truck or van that as the same wheel base as the xB. Then look at the different running boards avaliable for the vehical. Also there are now some running boards out there now for SUV's that tuck up under the body of the car and fold down when you open the door. You could install one of those sets and then instead of wiring it up to the door, wire it up to a switch so that its only down when you want it, for shows or in the garage or whenever with out having it down all the time.

And welcome to the site

·
Registered
281 Posts
I hope you can pull this off.... it would look amazing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome folks and thanks for the ideas!

I may have found a kit that will allow me to install a sideboard that will slide under when not in use, now it's time to pull out the books and figure out where I want to wire it up at. I'm not planning on purchasing my 08 til the Christmas season, but it'll be a great project to work on during the winter when buisness slows down.

I'm definately looking forward to the grill for the Xgangster, that's going to be a must have for this project.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a quick update on what I have planned.

Black Scion xB w fog lights (almost a must have in this area) and secuirty system.
18 wire rims, gunbolt metal w/ white wall tires
Xgangster body kit
suicide rear doors
lambo front doors
gunbol metal plates around the stereo, gearbox and windows

and a bud of mine found out what I'm thinking about so he bought me a shifter with bullets embeded in it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
eviljack said:
I would forgo the lambo doors everything else sounds good though
Yep, lambo doors are cool but IMO they don't say "gangster"...but the suicide rear doors definitely does!!! Lookin forward to seeing the finished product. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yes I felt the same way. I wasn't to into the 1st gen xB, but tis one caught my eye. I felt it had the gangster car look too. My wife felt it looked like a hearse. Either way we both liked this one and thats why we ended up getting one.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
The first time I saw one I was like, hey I could drive that. Then when I actually started looking for a new car I looked at a Mitsu Lancer. Drove it and hated it. Then I decided might as well try the xB. Drove it and was in love. Then decided I wanted the RS5. My fiance wasn't too thrilled. Till she sat inside and decided she liked it al ittle better. So yeah I definatly made the right choice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL - I know I'm going to get in trouble for this, but hey, who cares?

What would you have done if she had said she hated it?

·
Registered
281 Posts
LordKnyght said:
LOL - I know I'm going to get in trouble for this, but hey, who cares?

What would you have done if she had said she hated it?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you're not married... ???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts