Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I went out and bought the G-Force performace chip, I figure what can it hurt, it has a money back
Guarantee. I haven't had a chance to install it yet, but i have heard good stuff and bad stuff, some of the bad things being there were engine problems after installing this (a knock), so now i am not so sure i want to do it. Anyone use one of these before?:confused:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Alright, so I went out and bought the G-Force performace chip, I figure what can it hurt, it has a money back
Guarantee. I haven't had a chance to install it yet, but i have heard good stuff and bad stuff, some of the bad things being there were engine problems after installing this (a knock), so now i am not so sure i want to do it. Anyone use one of these before?:confused:
From what I've read in the past, most of these "performance" chips function by changing the AFR and perhaps spark timing, and that can result in any number of behaviors, including MPG loss and knock. General wisdom is don't buy, and if you do, don't install!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.