Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found this chart interesting. I sometimes check it before a long trip to pre-plan fill-ups/top-offs along the way.
(Practical for driving your Scion xB.)

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx

(Not sure where to put this. If this is in the wrong place, please move.)

·
Registered
281 Posts
I filled up at lunch today for $2.09!!!! Didn't pay attention until the pump stopped and when it was just under $25.00 I thought I'd done something wrong...... Never thought I'd get excited about paying over 2 bucks for gas. :confused:

·
Registered
186 Posts
TulsaToaster said:
I filled up at lunch today for $2.09!!!! Didn't pay attention until the pump stopped and when it was just under $25.00 I thought I'd done something wrong...... Never thought I'd get excited about paying over 2 bucks for gas. :confused:
Where?

MidlifeCrisis said:
My wife bought gas last week for $1.99/gal. Since then I bought gas at $2.09.
Where?

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Damn you guys. I got excited when I saw gas below $3 per gallon and filled up when I had half a tank.
Then last weekend, I went to Costco to fill up my other car.
I use premium on my other car but saw regular unleaded at $2.75 per gallon.

Maybe those days of $1.99 gas prices will come back.
I remember filling up my old accord for $25...

·
Registered
180 Posts
wangster said:
TulsaToaster said:
Where?

MidlifeCrisis said:
My wife bought gas last week for $1.99/gal. Since then I bought gas at $2.09.
Where?

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Damn you guys. I got excited when I saw gas below $3 per gallon and filled up when I had half a tank.
Then last weekend, I went to Costco to fill up my other car.
I use premium on my other car but saw regular unleaded at $2.75 per gallon.

Maybe those days of $1.99 gas prices will come back.
I remember filling up my old accord for $25...
Oklahoma City - Home of the OKC Thunder

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
That's a good site. I use gasbuddy.com when we are making long trips. I route us via the least expensive gas. Of course, that is when I wasn't getting the mileage I should be getting on this next trip...we'll see.

·
Registered
141 Posts
For San Diego, long known for our highest gas prices in the continental US it was $2.78 in IB today and I got all excited. Drove one town over and it was $3.49. ??? I remember when me and my friends could scrounge enough change together to put a buck in the tank and drive around all day!!!! :D

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gas is ALWAYS relative.

We are EXTRMELY cheap compared to Europe and Japan.

I just hope that prices remain around $2 when things stabilize . . .
As of yesterday's close, oil was $56/barrel. It was $140/barrel in June or July (as I recall), that was the top price anyways.

I also HOPE that this also means that more and more people will buy vehicles in the same category as the xB, Cube, HHR, PT, Element, etc. I would MUCH rather be around those in traffic than Excretions.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Not even 24 hours later and the same station is $2.17. I filled my Civic and got change from my $20. That hasn't happened in a long long time. LOL I was waiting to see how cheap it would go but my check gauge light came on......

·
Registered
476 Posts
Sam's here is $1.84 a gallon. Just remember, if we drive more because of lower gasoline prices, the other shoe will drop and they will have to raise prices because of the refining capacity shortage. They have us until we kick this oil habit we are on.

I am from Mentor, Ohio. about 30 miles east of Cleveland Oh.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
scion said:
Sam's here is $1.84 a gallon.  Just remember, if we drive more because of lower gasoline prices, they other shoe will drop and they will have to raise prices because of  the refining capacity shortage.  They have us until we kick this oil habit we are on.
THAT is why I said:

"I also HOPE that this also means that more and more people will buy vehicles in the same category as the xB, Cube, HHR, PT, Element, etc.  I would MUCH rather be around those in traffic than Excretions."

Real world overall average in the upper 20s to low 30s MPG should be the NORM, rather than the exception.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.