Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,033 Posts
My 2011 xB key is not a "smart" key (no sensor) so I just went to Orchard Supply. The guy there confirmed there is no sensor in the key using their machine, and cut me a new key for less than $5. It works. So no need to go to the dealer for a spare key, unless you want that spare key to also have Remote Control.

· Registered
658 Posts
Dealer only charged us about $10/$15 for a key cut. Depending on where you live you might not have an easy time finding a place that can cut that type of key but shop around before going to the dealer since you might be able to find a cheaper option.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
As our keys are just cut-metal keys (no fancy electronics imbedded), an good hardware store w/ a key cutter can make more keys for you. I actually only use the copies, while the originals are kept pristine at home. That way, if a key is damaged, gets worn by age, or lost, I can make another like-new one easily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.