Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im am in the process of saving up to get the viper 5901 and i was wondering who all have gotten aftermarket alarms with remote start and did yall have to get the bypass box thingy and are yall happy with remote start and who wish they just had gotten an alarm ... i got quoted around 600 for the viper 5901 proximity sensors and bypass box thingy and that was from best buy ... thanks for the help

· Registered
93 Posts
Dont waste your money on a proximity sensor. Those are supposed to be used on convertibles. You would be better off spending your money on a digital tilt sensor, backup battery or glass break sensor.

I am a best buy installer. I have the 5901 and I love it! The range is amazing.

You do not need the bypass module on the xb2. I had to program my crank time slightly longer than the factory setting on the alarm. Also have them program double pulse for your unlock if they use the factory arm/disarm wires. Its a pain in the *** to have to hit unlock twice due to the lag on the 2way system.

· Registered
21 Posts
I've got the 5901 on my '09 XB and also on my '95 Impala SS.
They both have the alarm as well...and they both have worked flawlessly. You won't need the bypass for the XB. I agree with the dragon- don't waste your money on the proximity either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.