Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a deposit down on an RS. Should be in any day. If I don't like it once I see it on the floor, I'll get BSP probably. Definitely getting the 795 wheels, though.

My ??s are:

I read somewhere that you can't input or change routes while moving? Anyone know? I was read through lots of ways to bypass this "safety feature"

Anyone have the headrest monitors? I'd like to get these as I have 2 kids under 9. When I build a Scion on my dealers site, I can't have nav and headrest monitors, but scion.com allows it. Dealers site says only one. Anyone know if you can get both?

Any options you've regretted? Or wished you have gotten? (not doing any performance add ons)

And finally I love the Flint Mica and wonder how close BSP comes to it? They had a FM tc on the floor and a silver xb, so I really haven't seen BSP that well (was a cloudy dreary day when I saw them on the lot).

Thanks everyone!
Shannon

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Welcome to the site! :)

I don't know about the monitors and as far as the navigation goes, I thought it was tied to the parking brake and only the DVD player didn't work on the unit itself per traffic laws. The headrest monitors should still play video and you should still be able to use the navigation while driving. Again, I don't know for sure, but it wouldn't make sense to not be able to use the nav while you're driving...

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's kinda what i was thinking. We were told to pull the emer. brake up one notch to bypass the dvd lockout while moving.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Are you in a cold climate? I had my dealer install heated front seats. Ran me $600 for both, but the install looks nice, and boy do they feel great in the really cold weather.

If you are going to a good dealer with a good service department, they should be able to install *any* Scion option, as well as any Toyota option that will fit in the car.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I fell in love with the flint mica color of my buddy's TC, and was sad when I went to get my xB to find out it wasn't offered in that color. I have to say though, after seeing the Black Sand Pearl on my actual vehicle, I would have chosen it had I seen the two side by side. BSP is metallic just like the Flint Mica, but darker. You will not be disappointed with it. Besides, it allows for a nice complement with either chrome or black rims.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in Indiana...so, yep cold winters. If I go w/ the RS, I'll have limited $$ for options. If not, I've got that 2470 to play with. They mentioned they could do leather seats for 1200, but didn't mention heat. I'm dealing w/ Butler Toyota in Indy. I think it is one of the largest in IN.

I think I will get the remote start though.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ross said:
I fell in love with the flint mica color of my buddy's TC, and was sad when I went to get my xB to find out it wasn't offered in that color. I have to say though, after seeing the Black Sand Pearl on my actual vehicle, I would have chosen it had I seen the two side by side. BSP is metallic just like the Flint Mica, but darker. You will not be disappointed with it. Besides, it allows for a nice complement with either chrome or black rims.

Great, glad it is somewhat close. It didn't really look like it online or on the lot. Not big on the black rims, but do love the chrome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts