Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just joined. I've been looking at getting an xB since I first noticed them and test drove one a few weeks ago. I finally convinced my wife and my credit union that I need one to replace my 97 Maxima. Black is my color choice. First couple of mods shall be leather steering wheel cover, tinted glass, monsterknob. Then wheels. I'd like to shorten the shifter (auto), but am reluctant to cut into a shiny new vehicle like that, and rethread. Doable? Any way to verify shaft dia. & thread size?

Also a question about the online "build your own" feature. Does that work like it claims or does it just send a message to the local dealer to see if they have something similar on the lot, to bring you in. I have checked inventory at 2 of my local dealers, and while one dealer has 5 or 6 (in black) that are pre-upgraded (wheels, XM radio, and rear spoiler, mostly), the other dealer has 4 or 5 "base" models in black. I was hoping they intend to use these for platforms for filling online orders.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Welcome to the site! :D

The way it works is you build your Scion on scion.com and print out the finished product w/ the options you want. you take that to the dealership and they'll add the options there. I can't think of the options that are added at the port, but most are done in the service dept, unless you're doing any yourself, or they've contracted w/ a local company to do work like tint, etc.

·
Registered
172 Posts
What I did is sent my "build your own" sheet to the dealership and they ordered it for me. Anything factory happened factory and port and dealer add ons were done as it passed through. The only drawback was that it took me a month to get my car. But now I have it, and I LOVE it! :)

Oh yeah, and Welcome to the site!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey welcome to the club and there is another advantage to dealer installs, I have progressive insurance and they have just changed their policy to cover dealer installed extras on new cars. at least here in maine they have, so I am not sure if they changed that for all states. My insurance is actually $6.00 less per year w/ my new 2008 xb policy than it was for my 2004 1st gen xb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts