Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy just got a little question before I start my LED install. Im just wondering where the best place to tap into a power source is. Im not looking to run them with the day time running lights, I just need power. Should I run a line from the battery? Or is that just extra effort? Better yet anybody have a link to a good diy? I know ive seen one here but I cant find it atm.
Thanks!

· Registered
846 Posts
If you remove the kick panels, you'll find an extra wire. I think it's for lights install. If anybody has the schematic, it'll show the wires.If not, you can tap onto the dome light circuit, that way they'll go on and off with the doors' operation.

· Registered
979 Posts
Looking up the interior led kit on TRD Sparks' website here are the installation instructions.

There are actually 3 sets of instructions 2009-2010, 2011, 2012. All show the same power connection though. It looks like they are tapping the power outlet (cigarette lighter) below the shifter.

· Registered
149 Posts
I tapped mine directly to the cig lighter and wired them to a switch located in the blank to the right of the shifter. I used 12" blue 5050 strips so mine are mega-bright so it's nice just to be able to turn them off every once in a while, I strongly recommend adding a switch.

· Registered
846 Posts
Adding to my response,the wires I'm talking about are for the lighted rocker panels. They'll act the same as the dome light, on when the doors are used and will fade out when the closed.

· Registered
185 Posts
dale so under the plastic trim by the door sills there is wires already there for the illuminated sills? Good info!

· Registered
149 Posts
Willie not exactly. There's the panel where your knees are that comes off and the dome light wires are behind there. The driverside sill would be pretty easy but the passenger side one you'd have to run wire all the way across behind the dash.

· Registered
1,033 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys awesome answers. Im probably looking to tap into my cig lighter now, ive got multicolour led strips with a switch to adjust colours. So I'll want to be able to turn it on and off if needed. I'll post pics when I can, gunna take a while with my schedual lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.