Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I do a bit of graphic design and a vendor of mine has car vinyls. This vendor has always supplied me with good product but this one I have avoided because I don't know much about the install process or how to judge how well this actually works or its quality against other companies. It is designed to be used as car decal material and is full color. It is supposed to have built in air channels and I suppose relatively simple to install. I have gotten samples and the material seems good, but I don't know much else about it.

Things I don't know:
Quality vs. competition (clarity and longevity)
Ease of installation (does it actually go on properly)

This will come in a large sheet, with whatever you would like on it, I can probably design whatever you want or you can submit your own design. The design will likely come on a large white sheet, so if there isn't color on that part it will be white. You can custom cut designs out of it or you can do an entire panel, like a hood, or fender. (faux sticker bomb?) Or a single color for blacking out that center piece on the front bumper or similar. The biggest drawback to these is that I don't think they will be die cut to fit the design, if they were I would have already ordered a mountain of them.

What the guinea pig gets:
Hopefully a sweet new vinyl.
Dealer cost. What I pay is what you pay.

If this stuff is good and more people want stuff like this I can start vending a bit more . I can also get window perf material full color printed if this works out.

If interested send me some measurements of the panel and I will try and get a price worked up, probably Monday.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the description:
Vehicle Decals are adhesive-backed and printed in full color on one side of 2.1 mil Gloss White Complex Curve synthetic substrate. They are laminated for long lasting protection. This material is specifically designed for vehicle decals and will give you great results. Common applications include hoods, roofs, trunk lids, doors, and fenders.
The substrate includes tiny air channels for smooth and easy application.

This is my vendor for a lot of different materials including vinyl, corrugated plastic, and regular paper products. All of their other printing is good quality and I have a sample of this stuff but I can't really use a 2" x 3" rectangle and call it good to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.