Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silly question that probably has some funny (and gross) outcomes!
Driving to work this morning, I came across a situation that I am curious about.
The scene: 2 lane 55mph country road.
The traffic: heavy! 1 behind me, 1 in front & 2 oncoming.
The roadkill: possum!
For those of you who are (how do y'all say it?) moar low,
what is the outcome with the roadkill?
I've owned my stock 08 a little over 2 months now. I am trying to figure out the best way to go low! I'm older than most and don't want anything extreme.
I've been leaning toward springs, but not real sure. Then it hit me,
Holysheepshooshoo Batman, If I was "moar low" this morning, I would be cleaning roadkill off of my lip!
What's the low down? :D

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
The last possum I hit just bounced off the bumper. Of course, I was only going 30-ish at the time.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Obviously, lower means you're more likely to strike road obstacles, and in practice, it also means the suspension is a little stiffer than stock. However, if you want modest lower with minimal ride penalty, I suggest Tanabe' NF210.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think you can go as low as your back will allow!! I'm 55 and even though I'd like to dump my xB to the ground, I want a fair ride. While I've never gone to the ground, I would be hesitant to compare my back to a 20-40 year old:D

As far as road kill, just drive over it. That's why we have insurance!!

Gordon

·
Registered
88 Posts
Its funny that i'm reading this as a post as I have the RS 8.0 on the DF210's and I hit road kill the other morning on the way to work! I smoked a racoon going about 55 and thought for sure I had messed up the body kit on my xb. Got to work and checked it out and everything was ok!! Anyway I have also rode over some dead road kill with my xb I have the df's and 18s and it really hasnt been an issue but its been very small animals of course.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
The nasty hits are the ones with chunks of meat and fur . . .
If not cleaned, it WILL smell in a few days. Than, it WILL be cleaned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.