Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled up somewhere and a lady said "how do you like your car?" I answered I really like it, she replied (innocently) my daughter really wants it, Soul, right? Lol.

Boy marketing goes a long way, huh? Scion started it Kia marketed it!

Enjoy the weekend! And enjoy your Soul oops I mean Cube! Haha.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Yea, you're right. I haven't seen ANY ad's for the new xB.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yea, you're right. I haven't seen ANY ad's for the new xB.
Seems scion doesn't want to try at all. No new motor no new tranny same design since 08, no wonder people flock to the car that gets all the advertisement.

I still love my B tho. Can't hold everything I can put in my B in one of those souls.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Kia Souless . . .

I agree. Scion has SERIOUSLY missed the boat on marketing. They have one of the BEST and most functional and versatile vehicles in decades, but can't seem to know what to do with it and don't seem to know what they have.
Still, it sells decently IN SPITE of that. Just imagine if they actually marketed it properly.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes the current Soul has a nicer interior and packaging, but yet it's amazing how the xB still can hold its own after being basically the same since '08. I do hope the xB continued past 2014 but like what was said on another post Scion needs to give it better trannys, mpg, power etc. yet keep what made it unique.

I thought the xB was the first box (soul, cube, etc) to hit America, I'm pretty sure I've heard the Chevy ASTRO van was a big hit in Japan way back for its square shape which I guess started the idea for the xB.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I see lots of advertising for Scion..as in commercials etc with all their vehicles rather than focusing on one.
I could be seeing more advertising perhaps because the Scion scene is relatively new in Canada? I do wish they would advertise and highlight specific models though

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, but you don't see as many Souls or Cubes that are modified as you do XBs. So missing the mark on marketing, doesn't matter to me. That keeps us more unique, though I see plenty of over 55 year old drivers in both gen 1s and gen 2 XBs and Souls than anything else around here.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yeah right! I only saw one Scion ad on TV that included an xB 2 years ago and that was it my entire life.

This story makes me recall someone mentioning my car in a parking lot after picking up carry out food and walking back to the car with them going out the door at the same time. They asked what it was and then mentioned their son may be getting a Kia Soul for a daily driver for better gas mileage or something. I let them know that the xB is way more car and I test drove a Soul before getting this and didn't like it.

About the new Kia Soul - I saw one that looked pretty cool in reviews, but the effing thing cost $26k with those options, zing.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
l feel like I got a lot of value from my xB, it has a nice look, good room for a small car, and good performance considering it's an econo car. Maybe I'm biased but I'll still take it over a Soul even though the Soul was just redone.

As far as Scion commercials or advertising it seems they just focus on the FRS and those are all I see pushed. Meanwhile the BRZ/FRS are so loved by the media etc it doesn't need advertising lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.