Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently installed my 4300K HID, but I thought it was lack of output. And, of course, the dreaded "glare-spot" have gotten bigger. Have any experienced this? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I haven't experienced them actually getting larger, but they're quite easy to get rid of. You just have to bake and disassemble your headlights and remove the 'squirrel finders'. Just use a grinder with a cut off wheel or a handy dandy Dremel tool. I haven't removed mine, but I definitely feel I need to.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard you can just bend this "squirrel finder" without disassembling the assembly. Can someone post a picture of this squirrel finder?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm sure you can bend the squirrel finder if you pull out the bulb and stick a tiny finger in through the hole. I keep reminding myself to try, but I kind of sort of think, "Meh," and go about my business. :lol:

With a projector lamp (like our low beams), there are many pieces. There is the rear bowl, the lens, the lens holder, and the cutoff shield. The squirrel finder is riveted, perpendicularly, to the cutoff shield.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man, I hate this glare spot, in the first place!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone have photos of 4300k vs 6000k in 2008-2009 Scion xB, compared?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.