Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fired up the Xb this morning and the VSC light is on and the "VSC Off" text is flashing. The engine light is on too. The engine seems to run ok, but it is shifting late. It also won't shift into 4th gear (auto trans) at all. I moved the shifter to the "manual/sport" mode and told it to shift up. The gear indicator changed from a 3 to a 4, but the transmission didn't shift.

At first I thought of dogzebra's engine debacle, the lights are the same, but different symptoms.

Luckily, I'm still under warrantee. I was going to install my HID kit today. I'm glad this happened before or I might have blamed myself for shorting something out!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MICE ATE MY WIRING HARNESS! (I live in the woods and have a detached garage.) The estimate is $2150 to replace it! :eek: The service dept. gave me a heads-up that it should be covered by my auto insurance. I got that confirmed so I only have to pay the deductible.

I'm off to buy mouse poison :mad:

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have rat traps with bait in my attached garage to take care of the chip munks that keep coming in when the garage door is open. I've been lucky so far, they have only chewed my garage door seal.

Use a trap also! It's faster and they don't get a second chance to chew while the poison is working!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picked it up yesterday. Everything seems to work like it should. They even fixed the squeak that had returned - found a clip that they had missed with the foam the first time. There were many apologies for not foaming the clip during my first visit. Also, the tech offered to stay late (service closes at 5:30 & he stayed till the dealership closed at 8) so my xB would be ready first thing in the morning (without me even asking). Very impressed with the service, but glad I don't have to foot most of the bill!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.