• black sun with white rays

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • white sun with black rays

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im going to get a used hood then paint it myself. have all the stuff to (gun, air,ext). thinking about the rising sun.

torn between a red sun and white rays or a black sun and white rays.
what do you guy think would be best. here is a mock up of the red sun. the sun would smaller in real life( not very good at photshop) and the other suns. plz VOTE!

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 248KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x685 and weights 196KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x685 and weights 193KB.

if you have a better paint scheme copy this blank flie and paint it up in paint. should be able to use the paint bucket to fill in the rays and sun. done in autocad then saved as jpeg then opend in paint.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1022x491 and weights 24KB.

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The sun will be done to scale. When I go to paint it. This was just a quick photoshop hack job. The hardest part is finding a used hood. Can get new ones online but want something cheaper you know lol

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Junk yards are the best spot to look. Someone who go rear-ended would be a perfect hood.
i have called every junk yard around and they ether dont have any scions or the xb they have does not have a hood of worth wile.

Why paint it do a vinyl
i feel like it would start to tear or rip off after a wile. if i paint it i will lay down many coats of a harding clear coat.

· Registered
741 Posts
It is your car and you can put whatever you want on it. But just be aware that the "Rising Sun" flag may be considered offensive to some people as it was the flag Japan used during WWII. Kind of like a swastika, brings up all kind of bad images.

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is your car and you can put whatever you want on it. But just be aware that the "Rising Sun" flag may be considered offensive to some people as it was the flag Japan used during WWII. Kind of like a swastika, brings up all kind of bad images.

kinda true. but the rising sun is now a "logo" of sorts and sold on a **** of stuff to shirts shoes whatever so i think its kibnda mainstream now.

· Registered
741 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
painting it not that big of a deal to me. i have all the stuff minus the paint. and if i dont want to myself i know a pro painter with his own booth that will paint for free if i provide the paint and do all the prep work for him.

· Registered
200 Posts
im getting a tatto of this in 2 weeks.

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you should just get it vinyled on there dude. wicked easy to apply and remove.

when you gonna do it?

i thought about that. just dont want it to peel or tear off when it gets hit by rocks. if i paint it. there will be lots a clear coat. but i am getteing quotes on getting it wraped. if the price is right then i might do it

· Registered
658 Posts
I would consider vinyl as well. by the time it starts to peel you can figure out if you want to go all in and paint the logo. If you're like me, you might find yourself ready for a new design in a year~ish when it starts to peel and you'll have that option.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.