Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home from work minding my own business when an orange Camaro (I think it was a mid 80's) with what appeared to be slicks on the back, skinny tires on the front, jacked up high enough to where I can see the chromes dual exhaust and mufflers pulls up next to me at the light. The driver would have been a twin of Malcolm Young. He looks over at me and I can see him looking at the xB. He then laughs, shakes his head and takes off but the looks of the car did not match how it should of performed. I catch up to him because he was blocked by traffic only to have him catch up and gun the engine as we're doing about 45mph which was the speed limit. He takes one route to a bridge as I take another. Both routes take about the same time to get to the bridge. As I'm getting on the bridge here he comes from the other route. No other cars are in sight then I hear him gun the engine. He gets up next to me then I punch it leaving him behind. As I look back I see him waving me the middle finger. I then told the story to a co-worker and he knows the car. The shop that my co-worker works at did the exhaust. Come to find out the Camaro had a V6 not a V8 like you would think. Don't know what the hp rating is on that car but why on Earth would you make a car like that look fast? I believe for what he had in tires, exhaust and that bright orange paint job he could of had a nice V8 engine put in. I just thought it was funny my little box beating something that looked like that.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, mine too but I think that Camaro had 20 less hp and weighted 400lbs more.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Love it. LOL

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Where did the first part of my post go????
Redone:
HAHAHAHA
Great story. I see those around here way more than I should, that and "high power" donks, and gobs of modded pick-ups that think they are sports cars . . .

Look up my story on the Acura/Honda that spawned the "Flying Pig" thing . . .
(It was an black Acura RSX)
http://www.newscionxb.com/123-2nd-gen-scion-xb-talk/7652-nicknames-xb2-model.html#post70139

I was in the mountains and a Honda driver was talking about cars w/ me and kept saying "All Scions are slow, esp. the boxy ones." I argued w/ that pointing out how quick they were on mountain roads. He refused to believe me and said "When pigs fly." Well, we left the gas station and he forced his way out first (as I was expecting). Well, I stayed right behind him and kept running up on him when it got twisty. In a particular double laned-up road section I LOVE, I blew by him on a left curve and left him well in my dust. When I got to a particular pull of I often use to turn back around and go back down, I waited for him to show up. I was OUT of my car and standing there leaning on the side waiting when he finally showed up several minutes later. He slammed his brakes and pulled in there near me. Needless to say I picked up the previous conversation with "You were saying . . . "
Well, he kept going on how Hondas were still better (surprise?), but was nicer to Scions now.
In the course of the conversation, he said:
"I guess pigs fly. You flew by me. Still, it looks like a pig- especially in the front."

I took that as a "badge of honor" and found a flying pig emblem for my side window:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, some Honda owners are diehards. I've never been a fanboy or hater of anything (except the crappy iPhone). I am suprized of how the xB handles turns. I came from a 09 VW GTi that is known for its handling. I was expecting lots of body lean and skidding out of the xB but it held to the road much better than I thought.

·
Registered
86 Posts
once you get sway bars, it's like a whole new car too. love it.
Not trying too thread jack, I just got my Hotchkis sway bars today so I'm glad too hear that the sway bars make such a big difference.:biggrin:

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
I run JUST Hotchkis sways and TRD springs and the handling is VERY good, only somewhat worse than a corner-balanced, well set up Miata (my "other" ride-a 90, and a well handling car by ANY standards)
I LOVE them!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How hard is it to install sway bars?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.