Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all Shane here and am the proud owner on an 08 xb with 44k on the clock. Just traded a POS Dodge magnum after only owning it for a month for the Xb. She is black with a 5 speed and a plain jane radio missing the tuner knob. The previous owner did not take very good care of it but i got a good deal on it so i figured hey what ever.
Have a few questions about the Xb tho. Does everyone's fuel gauge read extremely slow? Im talking i can put 25 bux of gas in it and it usually takes at least 10-15 mins before the gauge moves. I did find where a mouse got into the wiring harness and chewed on the passenger side harness but i fixed that. Also i noticed the temp gauge does not sit right in the middle like all the other cars ive had. It sits more to the 11oclock side. Runs real good and dont have any complaints. Heres to doing some mods and driving the wheels off of it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
first off Welcome! 11o'clock is right where my temp gauge sits so that's good.
As far as the fuel gauge taking 10-15 mins to change that's not good it should be instant.
I don't know what could be the cause but maybe someone else will know.

·
Registered
243 Posts
welcome the site! there's alot of good info about the xB2 on here. be sure to check out the classifieds and diy sections when you start modding/upgrading. i recommend getting your hands on a service manual to help track down the wiring issue. you should be able to download it from this site.

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
haha, I have a dodge magnum and an xB, love them both. Id trade the magnum in for an iQ or an FRS in a minute though haha.

welcome to the site dude!

if you have a buddy with an xB then try swapping the gauge cluster and see if the same thing happens. Then you'll know the issue is either with the cluster, or something else like the wiring or the fuel sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.